Rhode Island

reasonably priced DJ (and photogrpher)?

Just got engaged and looking for vendors for a wedding on a Saturday this September (9/10/11).  Our first choice DJ was booked (of course) and now I'm thinking that we might have a problem finding vendors since this is probably a very popular date : (

Does anyone have a recommendation for a DJ?  What is a reasonable price?  We were thinking that we don't want to spend more than $1,000?

Any ideas for a photograper?

Thanks!
Cheryl

Re: reasonably priced DJ (and photogrpher)?

• Laur&Jay2011Laur&Jay2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My dj is under that and he did an awesome job at my friend's wedding.   It's Luis Mota of Xtreme Soundz.

Congrats.  I'm getting married 10/9/11 (similar date) :)

I haven't looked at photographers yet, so can't help you there!
  • edited December 2011
    my photographer is Casey Harrison.  I LOVE her and a couple of others on here have also booked her. She's very budget friendly and has a vintage style of photograhy.

http://hellolovephoto.com/

I'm still looking for a DJ, right in your price range too. If I find anyone new, I'll pass along the info.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We didn't end up using a DJ but we met and really liked Sound Force Unlimited. Can't remember their pricing so that may not be helpful...

We used Portrait New England for photography and were really happy with them. They worked with our budget, which was really important to us, and they were great to work with (I didn't even know they were there half the time). There have been some other posts about them on the Boston board too and it's nice to see I am not the only one who used them or had a good experience ;) Btw, they travel all over New England and don't charge any extra no matter where your wedding is.

Good luck to you, finding a photographer was my favorite part of planning (besides the tastings)!
  • RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Not sure on DJ but you should try John Lo Photo out of Boston for photography.  He is very reasonably priced and his work is very nice!  GL!

• amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were looking for a reasonably priced DJ (under $1K too) and we found 2 that we liked.
    We went w/ Music Machine (Jason Demers) and we along with our guest's were EXTREMELY PLEASED. He played everyhting we liked, my guests were oon the dance floor all night, and my legs hurt so much the next day from dancing so much. Laughing

Our 2nd choice was Extreme Soundz. We also heard a lot of great recommendations about him .

We liked them both and they were both between $800-$900
  • edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DJ Jason Mello.  He's DJ'd a few parties I have been to and I knew I wanted him to DJ my wedding. He just DJ'd my wedding shower and everyone loved him!  He is very easy to work with and wants to make sure your day is exactly how you want it. His prices are very good and much more reasonable then a lot of DJ's out there. 
    Check out his website http://jasonmellodj.com/
    Good luck!   :)
  • naturallimenaturallime member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    George, our wedding DJ - made our party one to always be remembered :)  He even made a video montage of the night and posted it up on my facebook wall soon after my wedding.   We had a surprise for our guests halfway through the evening, and he even played along.

HIGHLY Recommend!
    -Mary L.
  • Sarah0335Sarah0335 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Sound Force Unlimited for my DJ and Dana Pierce for photography.   So far, I am very happy with both of the vendors.  They can both definitely fit in your price range too!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_reasonably-priced-dj?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:2f9fa665-fc12-45c3-9e17-c5777f17fa0dPost:6d2482cd-7063-4557-869f-3aa6ba28adc2">Re: reasonably priced DJ (and photogrpher)?</a>:
    [QUOTE]my photographer is Casey Harrison.  She's very budget friendly and has a vintage style of photograhy. <a href="http://hellolovephoto.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://hellolovephoto.com/</a>
    Posted by chantelcutie7[/QUOTE]

Chantel - if you don't mind my asking, could you give me a ballpark figure on her cost?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah MD, I'm paying just under $1700 for unlimited hours of photography, all rights, and edited pics on a disc.  I believe her prices  may have gone up a little bit, but it doesn't hurt to contact her.

Also, I'm not sure when your wedding is, but she's offering discounts for new  2011 weddings.  If that's out of your price range let me know, I was on a tight budget for photography and have a couple of others bookmarked that I was considering.
  • Sarah MDSarah MD member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's amazing that she hasn't been doing this forever.  She's really good!  It is a little high for my budget.  I was hoping for under $1k.  Feel free to email me.  Martian3@aol.com  Thanks!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Sarah MD, I sent you a PM.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using John Bellagamba!  He's been great  so far and is very reasonable.  Here is his email address: jbellagamba@rhythmpro.com

good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards