Rhode Island
Options

Rehersal Dinner ideas in Newport

anyone have input on good places to work with?
i was thinking Brick Alley Pub or H20... any thoughts on these places?
we are keeping it casual for the most part.
Thanks!

Re: Rehersal Dinner ideas in Newport

• Options
    lwolf2001lwolf2001 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What time of year will your RD be? We almost did H20 but changed last min. the woman is very nice!
  • Options
    holly283holly283 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are having ours at Sardellas.  I haven't had a chance to try it yet since we live out of state but i've heard a lot of great things about it.  They also serve the dishes family style.
  • Options
    Chrissymm1976Chrissymm1976 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi,
    our RD is in April 2011.  Any particular reason why you didnt go with H20? what did you end up going with?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also having my RD at Sardella's! Fantastic place! Also check out Gas Lamp Grille, great menu and the owner is flexible and reasonable. I had my birthday party there a few years ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not having a true rehearsal dinner but we are going out with my parents (I have 4), my sister, brother and my FI's parents two nights before the wedding.  We reserved a table on the dock at the Mooring.  It is a fairly casual place but it is nice and the food is good.  Parking is free for two hours during the off season. 
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi

I am getting married in August 2010 and my RD is at Brick Alley.  We are having around 50-55 people, the minimum is 45, and our guest will order off the menu. We decided on Brick Alley because that is where we met at a party 4 years ago and we are frequent patrons.  Sue Sperling is the contact and she is fabulous! You know you will have a good meal and their customer service never fails!   Good Luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my rehearsal dinner in June at The Pier restaurant. It is a newer place, owned by the son of the woman that runs ABC, so similar pricing and options. It is right off Thames Street on Howard Wharf...the have a deck on the back with views of the bridge..it was a great find and the owner has been great to work with so far.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing the Gas Lamp Grille-the owner, Brian is incredibly nice and has been great about everything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards