Rhode Island
Options

Blocking hotel rooms!

Ok so our after party is in providence (sept) and I wanted to block off rooms at the marriott providence (orms st) and they have a 2 night min stay and their rate is 188$ per night (group rate)...i doubt my out of town guests will want to pay $400. Is anyone else having rooms blocked off that don't require a two night minimum? This was the hotel closest to our after party. about 5 min walk...so its a bummer. Any help? Thank you in advance I appreciate it!
***February Siggy Challenge: Honeymoon Destination - Punta Cana!*** Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Blocking hotel rooms!

• Options
    I'm using The Westin (they just got bought out) so it's not Omni Providence.  Also right downtown.  No two night minimum, guests will pay $119/night for standard room.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    i filled a block of 40 rooms at the downtown marriott, and my wedding was this past sept. There wasnt a two night minimum, and the price was much better, so im a little suprised. (i got a contract before they announced a waterfire the same weekend. once that waterfire was announced it caused more stress because the hotel sold out so be aware of that!) I loved the marriott and was dead set on it, but I also got a block at the courtyard marriott and the biltmore just in case-- both of these hotels were much easier to deal with. The downtown providence marriott was definitely the party atmosphere i was looking for, but if I had to do again, I would have thought more about the biltmore. They didnt ever have a minimum and prices were better. try to negotiate. Find a better price elsewhere and ask the downtown marriott can offer something better or comparable. I got a discounted suite that way. good luck!
  • Options
    Have you tried a Hilton hotel, like a Hampton Inn? We reserved a block of rooms at a Hampton Inn near Providence and they were great to work with. So easy too! Plus they upgraded my husband and I to a complimentary one bedroom suite.
  • Options
    The Biltmore gave me a rate of 105 per night or 125 for a junior suite that sleeps 6
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards