Rhode Island

Goat Island Marina, Anyone??

Anyone have any suggestions or information about weddings at the Goat Island Marina??  And if anyone has had their wedding there, pics would be greatly appreciated, along with possible price ranges..... Smile Thanks. 

I am truly stressed trying to find a unique and fun venue by the water.  I am willing to look into places in RI and CT if anyone has any other location suggestions.

Re: Goat Island Marina, Anyone??

• kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Check out the North Lawn @ Fort Adams, (not the Eisenhower house, however that is beautiful too) it is the best kept secret.  I had my wedding there this past August and it was amazing.  You have the Fort lit up, the Newport Bridge is your backdrop and the 12 metre yachts sailing by...it is truly amazing!
  • ASHLEY2303ASHLEY2303 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I checked out the website and it is beautiful! How much was it to rent th site? And did you have to their preferred caterers?  Were they reasonably priced?
  • edited December 2011
    The Regatta Place.  I am having my wedding there in August and working with the Newport Experience has been a blessing.  I am planning from Texas and Melanie has made it a breeze. 
  • edited December 2011
    Mystic, CT is a great place to look too.
  • kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The North Lawn @ Fort Adams cost $4000 to rent for 4 hours and an addition $600 for every extra hour.  Keep in mind you do need to rent a tent which I did through Newport Tent.  The nice thing about the Fort is they only do one event a day so you are not competing with other weddings or have to be out by a certain time.  I used Russell Morin as my caterer and they were unbelievable!  Between Lori at The Fort, Billy @ Newport Tent, Kathleen @ Russell Morin and Kelly O;Brien DeBeau who decorated the tent we couldn't have been any luckier or happier!
  • edited December 2011

How many people are you inviting?

Check out Mystic Yachting Center, starts at $2800 for a Saturday during the high season, but there are a few additional charges you might want, we are going to end up paying more like $4000. You can bring in your own caterer, and they have nice tables and chairs so you don't have to rent.

We only have 126 on our guest list - I think you can have up to 150.

September 2011 November Siggy Challenge - Ceremony Location imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • ASHLEY2303ASHLEY2303 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Great suggestions girls! Thank you so much for the input. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards