Rhode Island
Options

Traveling with my wedding dress.. HELP!!

Hey everyone!!
So iam and out of town bride and iam flying to newport for my wedding next week. I was trying to figure out the best way to bring my wedding dress.. Also I will be alone with my dog( keep that in mind) Anyone have any suggesstions?
:)

Re: Traveling with my wedding dress.. HELP!!

• Options

I would call the airline and let themknow you are traveling with a wedding dress. Carry it on and they will hang it up for you in the front of the plane in the closet.
    If you are flying in first, they can hang it up behind your chair so you are close to it.
    Before the plane lands they will bring it back to you.

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_traveling-with-my-wedding-dress-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:3b4cad3c-4358-43f1-9006-3ed7daa944c9Post:d6a7096e-6d31-44b1-b372-ebae0932d26f">Traveling with my wedding dress.. HELP!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey everyone!! So iam and out of town bride and iam flying to newport for my wedding next week. I was trying to figure out the best way to bring my wedding dress.. Also I will be alone with my dog( keep that in mind) Anyone have any suggesstions? :)
    Posted by Franklee43[/QUOTE]

I am also an out of town bride flying to RI for my wedding. The plan is to box and ship the dress ahead of time through Fed Ex, then have David's Bridal steam the dress once we get there.
  • Options
    Saw this on weddingbee and thought it might interest you:  http://www.weddingbee.com/2012/04/24/the-journey-of-a-dress/#more-236150
  • Options
    i just picked up my dress today and it is bigger than i thought. i am worried about getting on the plane with it.  Would fedex or ups be reliable?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards