Rhode Island

Linden Place, Newport Rhode Island

Hi!I am about to sign a contract with Linden place in Rhode Island for my wedding next year! I did visit the site and loved it as much as I did in the pictures. Somethings I weren't wild about were the dead yellow grass and the black shutters missing from the front of the house for a renovation. Otherwise the place is beautiful and an ideal spot for a wedding ceremony and reception. My question is to anyone who has been to a wedding there or hosted a wedding there. Just wondering about their experience planning the wedding, and the day of the wedding how everything went. Were there any issues, or things you may like to warn about? I would greatly appreciate any and all perspectives. :)

Re: Linden Place, Newport Rhode Island

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful setting for a wedding! Not sure what time of the year you are having it but I would consider the fact that there is no a/c. I was sweating bullets at my friend's wedding but it was mid-August and the humidity was so bad that guests didn't even want to move on to the dance floor. However, I went to a wedding there in the early Spring and it was perfect. 
  • edited December 2011
    Just a note, it's in Bristol, RI not Newport, RI :) We looked at Linden Place but it was too small for our guest list. Other brides mentioned something about a funny noise policy? I don't remember the details.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Linden Place in about a month. There are a couple brides on here that have been married at LP and it looked beautiful. Just make sure your guest list fits the space. Since you can't have outside music--not even in the tented courtyard (that was the new policy given this year), it can make things a little tight depending on who you invite.
    I am really excited to have our wedding there and accomodated our guest list to make things comfortable.
  • edited December 2011
    Make sure your entertainment company knows about their policies about noise.  Bristol venues are a little strict about music, so it's best that your band or DJ knows about what LP expects before they walk into your wedding.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at Linden Place on Aug. 1st and LOVED IT!! It was a bit hot...we had our ceremony in the garden, so I provided paper fans for everyone, and it seemed to help. We also had our ceremony at 5pm which made it a bit cooler. Just a warning--at 5pm the sun pouring into the garden area, it wasn't too hot just bright, so in a few of my pictures I am squinting. 
    They do have a music policy, but our DJ was able to play music in the garden for our ceremony and cocktail hour and it was fine. Also, he placed himself in the left corner near the carriage house doors and he was up against the wall of the tented area with a speaker and you could hear the music just fine in there. We kept all the windows open all night and the carriage doors too.
    Definitely know your guest list. We were able to fit 120 people in the carriage house with a good dance floor. The dance floor was good sized and not too huge, so it looked packed all night, which I loved. Then we had to put 20 people in the tented area. I felt bad, but they were my dad's friends so I didn't really care too much. One person complained, but he complains about everything. It also helped that we had a chocolate fountain and the bar under the tent so people were in and out all night. 
    I LOVED Linden Place for all the charm and I know I will have some great pictures. We used Blackstone as our caterers and they were amazing, the know the place SO well, I didn't have to worry about anything. I will have my pictures soon, so I can send you some if you want to see. You can email me at danandkimwedding at hotmail 
  • edited December 2011
    Linden is such a great spot! I wouldn't worry too much about the appearance of the grass. From what I hear this august has been especially hot. If you get married earlier in the summer of even in the beginning of fall I bet it will look much better.
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually about to sign a contract there too. I visited the property this past Friday and loved the grounds. Jim was really helpful and I think both he and Susan will be attentive through the process.  I will most likely be using Blue Rocks as a caterer and a family friend as a florist.  The florist has done weddings there before and she said it's absolutely beautiful.  What month/date are you booking? 
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for your responses! We booked our wedding there for August 27th, 2011. The date kind of chose us versus the other way around...but the place is already booked up through September and beg. of October! I recently became concerned about the dance floor space, so thank you lollipop for your input...I think that is what we'll have to do as well...as for who to put out there I'm not quite sure just yet...(let's see who becomes a hassle over the next year...JK!) I would love to see some of your wedding pictures.

RoyalOrient- I'd love to do the spring, but I was nervous I wouldn't have enough planning time! Especially since I love peonies :/
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards