Rhode Island

Narragansett Brides: Home for rent in Narragansett in October?

I'm getting married in Oct '12 in Narragansett and I'm looking for a place to stay for a couple days. It would be where I get ready and where FI and I stay after the wedding. We have been trying to find a house to rent but many places are renting to students at that time. I have looked into B&B's as well but not sure which one will have the right atmosphere. I will start doing some heavier research but if anyone has any suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks so much :)
~Danielle~

Re: Narragansett Brides: Home for rent in Narragansett in October?

• Hey Danielle- Have you checked hte Tower house BnB- I felt this was the nicest place down there of all the BnBs. Also the owner of nanas gelato lists a few homes for rent and I believe that she doesn't rent to students- I would try calling there.

Finally, have you called Ann obrien and Durkin and Lila Delman and told them what you are looking for? They might be able to help.

Good luck!
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • there is a house in Jamestown - Wetherledge...they usually host small weddings there - we looked for ours but it was too small - but you may be able to stay there for a few days. it's not right in narragansett but as you mentioned, most of those homes are rented to URI students during the fall and winter months. where is your reception being held? there are some type of condo type things in back of turtle soup restaurant -not sure if they are for rent or what's the deal with them - you could ask the restaurant or try to find an office over there. I'm sure you know about the village inn and I think it's the atlantic house? I can't think of the name right now. another part of narragansett that people forget about is galilee...it might be worth to look over there too. also try durkin cottages...they are right in narragansett and could maybe help you as far as a rental goes.
  • I'm getting married in Narragansett in October too! Where is your wedding?
  • hey danielle,

check vrbo.com - it's a website where people can rent their houses (vacation rentals by owner).  We rent our own house on it and that's how we found the house where we had our wedding (and stayed there the whole week around it)!

Usually most do weekly rentals (i.e., sat to sat) but in october many will be fine with weekend rentals or different amounts of time.

Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Hi Ladies! Thanks so much for all your suggestions! I'm sorry I didn't see all of them sooner. I am still looking but I might just base at my parents' home in East Greenwich. Our guests are staying at the Village Inn and the Holiday Inn. If anyone has any other suggestions, I'm all ears! Thanks so much again for your help! =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards