Rhode Island

FYI: SureShot Videography/Magnolia Films

I just posted this investigative news story about SureShot Videography on my local CT board, but I thought it might be of interest here, as well; as I know that this company has been discussed on these boards and used by RI brides. FI and I had been in talks with Jesse but ultimately decided to look elsewhere because of some very negative reviews we came across. I'm glad we opted not to book him.

Re: FYI: SureShot Videography/Magnolia Films

• He is beyond unprofessional. I actually booked him for my wedding which was 2 weeks ago, made a deposit over the phone, but never sent in my contract. A few months ago, I happened to go to his website that said they were completely booked for 2012. I thought that it was weird they were "sold out" for the entire year in March, so I emailed him asking about it. He replied that he could accomodate us and squeeze us into his schedule not realizing that we had already booked. When I "called him out" on that fact, he backpeddled saying he had me down as my full name, not my nickname in his books. After reading lots of reviews and feeling uncomfortable with this sold out/not sold out business, I told him we no longer needed his services and asked for my deposit back. He emailed me a really nasty email back. While it was crappy to lose $500, we ultimately decided we did not want a vendor/person who was beyond unprofessional to be involved in our wedding day. We ended up booking Mike Picard (who I wanted in the first place - should've just pulled the trigger awhile ago) and have been beyond pleased with his customer service and our video is currently in the mail.

Long story short - stay far, far away. This is not someone you want to deal with on such a happy, special day.
  • No he goes by InFocus Wedding Films  NBC affiliate video http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/investigations/Couples-Claim-Photographer--153418195.html 

FYI - There is this scam-artist named Jesse Clark, aka john Francis who used operate under sureshot video and magnolia wedding films and is now operating under InFocus wedding films.

Just wanted to let you know.  This guy has ripped off over 20 couples and now is going under a name that is very similar to my companie names
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards