Rhode Island

I'm Married! Vendor reviews included

Flowers: Flowers by the Station, Attleboro: B-
They were pretty easy to work with, and helped us stick to our pretty small flower budget.  We weren't happy with the cake topper, and they didn't make the flower for my hair like we had requested.  Delivery was on time and friendly.  They let us bring our own vases for the centerpieces, and we reused our bridesmaid bouquets for centerpieces for the head table, so this was also a plus.

DJ: Suzanne from Moondance: A+
AWESOME.  Played exactly what we asked, and didn't play anything we asked her not to.  Timed music to keep people on the dance floor all night, and didn't bat an eyelash at some of our requests.  (We had a friend announce us; I danced with my dad to the Twist; etc.)  Incredibly easy to work with; prompt responses to my many e-mails; relaxed and relaxing to talk to the day of.  She's a gem, and I would HIGHLY recommend her.

Photography: James Murphy Photography: A
So easy and fun to work with.  Flexible with our schedule when it came to the engagement session.  Their personalities helped relax us and their photography is beyond beautiful.  I just sent them this e-mail, that pretty much sums it all up: "I am stunned and overwhelmed by your photography.  You captured our nervousness and excitement of getting ready; the humor and sanctity of our ceremony; the joy and exuberance of the dancing!  I don't know how you do what you do, but we could not be more thrilled that you were our wedding photographers. Going through the album makes me relive each moment of that day, and will help us do so each time we view your work." 
Also, they are FAST!  We got teasers for both our wedding and engagement session days after they were taken, and a full CD from our engagement session within a week.  They posted our online album 2 weeks and 1 day after our wedding day: Wow!

Cake: Dyane's Sweet Tooth: A
Delicious, beautiful, easy to work with.  Went to two cake tastings here, looked through their albums and visitied their cake room.  Helped us stay within budget, which mattered a lot to us.  (Cake was not a big priority for us.)

Reception: Quidnessett Country Club: A
Most of our guests had never been here before, and all were so impressed by the beautiful location.  Outdoor pictures here came out awesome (kudos to James Murphy!).  Easy to work with (we worked with Heather), prompt responses to e-mails, and again (sorry if I'm repeating myself) helped us come in within our budget.  Set up almost everything perfectly (the one funny faux pas is that they put one of our bathroom baskets- intended for the woman's bathroom- in the men's room.  It had tampons and pads in it).   Food was really yummy, and portions were gigundo, especially of the prime rib.  Servers were polite and efficient.  Bar servers too.  Our maitre d was great the day of- helped smooth over minor bumps (like no show guests) without me even knowing about them, and helped us stick pretty closely to the timetable we had established. 

Limo: Emerald Square Limo: A-
Prompt, polite driver; clean, great condition limo.  Yummy champagne.  Again, helped us stay within budget.  Really easy to work with ahead of time.  Driver, Bruce, was a bit much for me.  When I was waiting in the back of the church, he kept trying to fluff my dress and straighten my train (obviously trying to be helpful), but it kind of stressed me out.  I would have preferred if he stayed in the limo. 

It was the greatest day of my life; even when things didn't go perfectly, it was still a perfect day.  Except for the florist, I would recommend all of the vendors without reservation.  I would recommend the florist, but would encourage you to be more specific (e.g. ask for samples or pictures) than I was to make sure you're on the same page. 

Re: I'm Married! Vendor reviews included

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards