Rhode Island

Maybe it's RI?

But I have not had 1 issue with people on this board!

I have been on my month board a lot more and MAN - THOSE PEOPLE ARE MEAN!  Like bolding words like 'rude' and 'inappropriate' and attacking people.  I know URI had this happen to her, but has anyone else noticed that?  Maybe because a lot of the Knotties know each other on this board, but I would never attack another person for their beliefs or what they've planned for their wedding.

I just wanted to make a shout-out to all the ladies on the board for being understanding, concerned, helpful and honest with me and everyone else here.

THANK YOU for making this a fun experience and building me up, being my support system when it sometimes seems like we don't have anyone else.

(((HUGS)))
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Maybe it's RI?

• I dont post often on this board but I come by and read a lot because I am still in the begining phases of planning. I agree the women here are very nice and helpful. The women on my month board are great also. I have been on a few of the special topic boards and not so much do i like those. Oh well.

Congrats and best wishes. :)
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • totally agree with this thread!!! thank you LOMLBOAT :) my month board is nasty - girls are cliquey - if that's even possible in cyberspace ;) and like you said, down right mean. I LOVE RI and this just gives me more reason. I don't even post on my month board anymore- only lurk....haha
  • I felt so bad for this girl who said she didn't invite 1 friend's SO and how should she handle telling her and people JUMPED on her.  I tried to go to her rescue, but then I started getting attacked...and they pick apart what you write by bolding or italizing it and calling you out.  I was like 'whoops, I just think that there are no requirements' and stopped, but there have been like 32 posts in as much time! haha I think some of these brides are wound a bit tight.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • OMG that's terrible, LOMLBOAT and URI!!!! I'm sorry you had bad experiences on your month boards! I'll tell you this, too.... Right after the wedding I was redirected to THE NEST and posted a couple of things there, read posts about XYZ, and it's the same there - people are down right MEAN!!! You're so right, they pick apart everything you say, criticize your beliefs... OMG I couldn't believe it. So, I stopped going on their message boards. Who needs that crap?! That's why I hang around here, even AFTER I'm married :-)
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • I just found the wedding boards about a week ago and I have been floating around the special topic boards and I can't believe how brutal everyone is! you have to be so careful what you say or they will tear you apart telling you what you "have" to do. I just discovered the local board yesterday and I already notice the difference in how much nicer everyone is here. I haven't tried the month board yet. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 95image Invited 66image Ready to party 21image Declined
  • I'm from CT, getting married in MA, and have vendors from RI and live close to the border so I lurk/post all three boards. I think that the local boards are MUCH more friendly than others, I do admit CT can be a little harsh sometimes ;) I HATE how judgy people are on other boards! Everyone has a story, whether you know it or not, but these girls will jump down your throat because you have bad etiquette, not everyone;s wedding is the same and if someone wants to do something unique all hell breaks loose! It stresses me out so much I have to stop reading! haha I'm glad I'm not the only one to notice!!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I have to be the minority and disagree. I love my month board. The girls are really nice and helpful maybe because I have been engaged for 2 years and have gotten to know them. But This board and my month board everyone has been very nice. I have gone to other boards and I agree with you people are mean on some of these boards.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards