Rhode Island
Options

Colored Wedding Dresses

Hi Everyone, I am new to this board and to the whole wedding planning thing. I am not very traditional and I really have my heart set on wearing a teal wedding gown to our wedding. I have combed the internet for sites with colored wedding gowns. All I seem to find is red, pink or some site advertising cheap gowns. I am wondering if anyone knows of any local boutiques who may be able to help me out or even any sites that I might be able to find one on. I am looking for a strapless ball style silk taffeta or satin gown in Teal. Thanks in advance!

Re: Colored Wedding Dresses

• Options
    AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You're going to be very hard pressed to find wedding gowns in a color other than pastel pink. My guess is that you'll either have to have it made from scratch by a seamstress, or order a bridesmaid dress. There are a lot of bridesmaids dress options now, so if you want something relatively simple, you should be able to find it. Another benefit is that it will be dirt cheap compared to traditional white gowns that they mark up like crazy. GL!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Try looking for a prom dress or sweet 16 like this line that Eden carriess:

http://www.edenbridals.com/quinceanera-c-82.html

each dress comes in a few colors so click on them to see.  Then check for a local store that carries Eden and go talk to them (there are like 10 stores in RI and MA listed).  Or head over to the Offbeat Bride Tribe to look for some more info on internet resources!   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Maggie Sottero has some colored dresses.  The advice to look for Sweet 16 or Quincinera dresses is good, too.  I remember seeing magenta ones!  Good luck.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I agree with pp about looking into bridesmaid dresses, I know I've seen the color and style gown you've described in a bridesmaid option
  • Options
    LeatherwoodLeatherwood member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • Options
    JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It may be possible to get some dresses dyed, that may be soemthing worth searching for.

I'm wearing a light blue Maggie Sottero gown.  I've seen deep red on her site as well, I don't recall teal, but I haven't checked her site out in some time. 

http://www.maggiesottero.com/

Good luck, can't wait to see what you come up with!
  • Options
    ceve42ceve42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the idea of stepping out of the box...go for it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards