Rhode Island
Options

Music: Band

Does anyone have a suggestion for a band in the Providence area? We are considering the Cover to Cover Band but have not seen them play live yet (going tomorrow night to a restaurant to see them perform).
Smile
Ashley

Re: Music: Band

• Options
    edited December 2011
    World Premier Band is absolutely outstanding! They are high energy and will get you dancing! I've seen them at Twin River and at a recent Russ Morin's event!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We booked After Party out of Connecticut.
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    nessb26nessb26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg world premier is AMAZING!!  i totally agree.  They were out of out budget :( I think we are going with Steve Anthony and the Presuasion....very good and VERY reasonable!!! one more thing...you should totally see them in persone b/c they are a million times better than they sound on the website.  they are at twin river tomorrow night (fri)  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It depends on what your crowd is like (young vs older, modern vs classic)... We knew our big, Italian guestlist would LOVE Steve Anthony & Persuasion.  He is also an impressive emcee, which was really important to me.  I've seen band frontmen/singers who don't really "work the mic" other than to sing the lyrics to the songs and announce their next break.  Steve Anthony knows how to get a crowd going and slips in a joke here and there to keep things lively.  A younger crowd might appreciate a band like Cover to Cover that can play a lot of new songs, while an older or more demure crowd might prefer the classic sounds of Nancy Paolino and the Black Tie Band or Mac Churpcala Orchestra.

The band search has been my favorite part of the wedding planning process... Have fun and good luck! :)
  • Options
    nessb26nessb26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi again...just agreeing/adding to what FD114 was saying... We went to see steve anthony last week to confirm our decision and they played some younger music too...black eyed peas and even beyonce!!

Good Luck!!! :)
  • Options
    shogan14shogan14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked GQ and the Lady...reasonably priced and an awesome 6 piece band with trumpets drums etc...Linda Calise has an amazing voice...they play everything from modern popular songs like Black Eyed Peas to wedding classics like At Last...if you go to their website you can see a sample of their play list and some examples of their songs.....HIGHLY RECOMENDED!

PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used and loved Brass Attack.

And I'll second the mention of GQ and the Lady who I've heard at a few weddings.

Good luck!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I had to switch my original date due to Astor Beechwood being sold. My original band was great.  They are called Studio C.  However, they were already booked on the new date. So I now have Mystique- which are wonderful!!  Highly recommend them both
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are using Rare Form.  We have seen them live and they are awesome!!
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have Cover to Cover and they are awesome!  I have seen them play at my friends wedding and they were rocking!
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ashley-

I am having Cover to Cover and they are great.  I have seen them 3 times and they are rocking!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi check the website: RIeventandweddinggroup.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. We are going with Cover To Cover. They sounded amazing on their website but were even better live.  We saw them at the Eleven Forty Nine restaurant last weekend and to be honest, we have not heard any band that comes close. Their lead vocalists were incredible, and the girl singer was one of the best I have ever heard. Many of the other bands we heard were good too, but Cover toCover was amazing! 

:-)
    Ashly

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards