Rhode Island
Options

Flexible DJ?

I've been looking at DJs in RI, but have found that a lot of the playlists seem dated? I'm wondering if anyone can recommend a DJ who is really flexible with playlists and will basically let you choose every song? We basically want the MC and the equipment, but we want to be in full control of what's played. Has anyone met with a DJ that's super flexible?

Re: Flexible DJ?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I highly recommend DJ Jason Mello.  He's DJ'd a few parties I have been to and I knew I wanted him to DJ my wedding.  He's doing my wedding shower as well. He is very flexible and easy to work with and wants to make sure your day is exactly how you want it.  His prices are very good and much more reasonable then a lot of DJ's out there.  He starts at $650 for 6 hours. 
    Check out his website http://jasonmellodj.com/
    I know you won't be disappointed if you choose him! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great, thanks for the recommendation!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Victor from Party Time seems to let you really pick what you want played - if you choose the custom package.  He sends you a really long questionnaire with questions about you, your family, who's at the wedding, music that is a must play, music that is a must NOT play, types of music you like, etc.  He really tries to customize it to what you want.  You definitely pay a bit more, but if you're concerned about getting what you want, you may want to pay a bit more for a DJ.  (This is exactly why we chose him - because we didn't want to hire someone that had their own agenda and wanted to play the same playlist they play for every wedding so they could basically sit there on auto pilot all night!  If we'd wanted that, we could have just loaded up an iPod and pressed play!  Since the music was so important to us - i.e., having music played that WE wanted played - we spent a little more than anticipated on our DJ, but think it will be well worth it.  And we've found plenty of other areas to cut a few dollars here and a few there to make up for the difference in what you pay for him vs. what you'd pay for someone else).  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards