Rhode Island
Options

Bittersweet Farm, Westport MA

Has anyone had/been to a wedding at Bittersweet Farm in Westport?  I've going to view the venue soon and I'm excited about possibly having the reception at the barn.  Any thoughts?!?

Re: Bittersweet Farm, Westport MA

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I visited Bittersweet Farm and August and I really liked it!!  My favorite part was the extra loft room upstairs that can be used as a lounge, dessert, or photobooth area.  I ALMOST booked with them, but then I visited the newest property owned by that group, the Waypoint, and I ended up going with that one.

The coordinator at Bittersweet is really nice and she explained everything really well, I think her name is Susan. Good luck!  I think I still saved all my information from them, so let me know if you have any questions.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    All own and operated by Lafrance hospitality...Bittersweet farm and Rachel's lakeside are my two favorites. I love bittersweet farm for the rustic feel and cozy space. It just depends on your taste and style. I've never been to the new restaurant space but it looks great!

http://lafrancehospitality.com/waypoint-event-center/

Pictures of a wedding held there by RC Uplight
    http://rcuplighting.com/blog/2010/09/rachel-and-zachary-bittersweet-farm/

• Options
    Laurie12820Laurie12820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We were married at Rachel's Lakeside and couldn't have been happier with Lafrance Hospitality.  Bittersweet Farms is a beautiful location for a wedding.  I had 2 friends who each had their weddings there and they were lovely.
  • Options

I work in the industry (am getting married, too and own a bakery),  we deliver to Bittersweet Farm 15-20 times per year.  It is a great venue, ceremonies are on site- it's a one shot deal- and for years, the same manager has always handled weddings.  I'm always impressed with the fact that they always check to make sure I didn't leave any flower petals or crumbs on the cake table (not that I ever would- but they are very thorough).  All of the LaFrance properties are well managed and well-maintained. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards