Rhode Island
Options

**urisweetheart**

just saw your last post

are you still having your rehearsal at Coast Guard House

have you talked to the woman lately

We scheduled ours there, then cancelled and decided to have it at the Dunes club, then cancelled that and are now BACK to having it at CGH
just wanted to get some input fromt he menu etc.

i am afraid i am WAY underestimating my costs.
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: **urisweetheart**

• Options
    yes we are having it there-
    i was SUPER anxious about it because we were unsure on the menu and who we should be talking to - but, FMIL and I went last week and got everything working out. we are working with maria - who is great. we chose the menu - choice of 2 starters, 4 entrees, 2 dessert - for $32 pp. which is super reasonable. we are doing an open bar/tab for drinks. with wine on the table. we will be encouraging beer/soda etc. not really hard liquor. but FMIL didnt want anyone to pay for drinks of any kind -which is nice. we are going to do the dinner actually in the main dining room - they are blocking off a space- they prefer to keep it around 50 max- possibly 60. we are inviting 65. so even if they all come- I think it will be OK. FMIL needs to invite family coming from NJ which was our big problem. but we arent sending out RD invites until after i get the wedding ones back. i felt much better about going there and seeing everyhing and talking to someone. oh and they will put up a screen or somthing to block us from the rest of the diners. there is a room upstairs but IMO - its terrible and dark and up a narrow steep staircase. i'm really happy it's there now. as FI and I love narragansett and really wanted to do something wedding related there- my parents would not go for the towers. they didnt like it and we have too many ppl anywys.
    GL! ps - how did you get into DUNES?! thats like my dream spot - but heard it's super private?!
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    hey
    ya well i actually wasnt thrilled with the whole Dunes thing. I actually had a bf that worked there in college and it is pretty private- but the main dining room is nice but its not anything super fabulous or spectacular.

Anyway my dad has a vendor who is also a close friend of his and his dad was one of the founding members so he asked if he could sponser the event and they said yes, no problem.
    So we sent in a deposit and i had been talking to the woman but she wasn't getting back to my emails. Then she told me that another event was that day until 1pm and then they had another event at 4 pm and because we were being sponsered we'd have to squeeze in between.

It just was kind of like a favor that ended up being like more of an issue- and it made my dad feel uncomfrotable around his vendor, because it was kind of a work/personal life conflict and people in his office started to whisper about it...

so instead, we decided to nix it. And we are having it back at the CGH.
     Then after the rehearsal luncheon my parents and inlaws and bridal party are just going to the Dunes to have cocktails on the deck- and my dad's vendor has treated us to this as a "wedding gift" (since he can't technically attend the wedidng without it being a conflict of interest)

We are having it upstairs at CGH, but on the deck- not in the black room that u are right is totally weird and like why is there a room w no windows at an oceanfront restaurant-- like even windows onto the deck?! We are having an afternoon luncheon- so its pretty casual and i felt like that fit that vibe.

I was originally working with Vicky, then Maria.
    I don't even remember them sending me a menu where we could pick entrees--- which we'd prefer. All she ever sent me was a buffet menu. which is fine, we are only having 25 people and its casual and a late lunch so its fine with me-- to do a buffet-- but I wish they had sent me teh option for a sit down menu...which i would have preferred...

I think that Fiance and I are going to go down thereand sit and meet with them
    because we are also asking them to leave the food truck open after our wedding and we are going to have food available for people that are leaving the reception. But no one ever contacted me again about this and someone was liek "Ya the owner said thats fine" but i am like "do you have someone scheduled, is it all set, what kind of food will it offer"
    and they dont really get back to me...

so i do think we need to make a trip down there..OOF

anyway- the sticky situation with this entire thing is that fiances aunt and uncle are paying but aren't "hosting it" and they are pretending that fiance'sparents are paying. My fiances aunt and uncle are LDS and don't drink nor do they condone drinking- so we arent going to have passed wine or anything, but my dad is basically going to leave his card on teh bar and if anyone wants to they can go up and order a cocktail...
    so that is kind of an annoying caveat but i am at least apreciative that Someone has offered to help host the dinner...

edit my whoel point of this post was to say-- ya they told us the buffet was 22$ pp not including drinks, and i was liek Wow that is really really inexpensive. So I am thinking is it POSSIBLE  that its going to cost us under $1000.00 and maybe a $500 bar tab
  • Options
    WOW that is quite the story -
    im sure it will work out though- i was super worried about CGH - and about the count -
    but i feel much better now.
    they prob didnt show you a "menu" with entrees since its a luncheon and not a sit down thing - it's much more casual...sounds fun!!
  • Options
    haha sorry ya i was a bit long winded sorry about that.
    Ya. I wish they had now though its not that much more for a sit down I'd prefer it- i might email her and ask!

They never get back to my emails though unless I send 2 or 3- so annoying
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards