Rhode Island
Options

Sara Faella vs. her glam squad

Hi all,
I'm starting to think about  hair + makeup and have read lots of good reviews on here for Sara Faella.  For those who have used her, is there a big difference  in booking Sara vs. Her glam squad?  The prices for her glam squad are a bit cheaper, so I was wondering if they would also do a good job on the bride.   Another vendor that I'm considering is "Serai hair and makeup" in East Greenwich.  Does anyone have any experience with them?  Their prices are also a bit lower than Sara Faella.

thanks!

Re: Sara Faella vs. her glam squad

• Options
    I am also curious, as Sara is booked for my wedding day, but her Glam Squad is available. Also - I would recomment reaching out to both Sara and Serai if you are interested, as both were booked for my September 2012 wedding!
  • Options
    I was originally wondering the same question, but ended up booking Serai for my fall wedding. The main reason for this choice was due to price. FYI - Sara charges an additional "fee" if she is just doing the bride. I couldn't justify even more money because of this. I'm not sure if you've seen Serai's facebook page or not, but she has a ton of "before and after" photos from trials.  Either way they both book up quickly, so I would also recommend checking for their availability.
  • Options
    I can't speak for Sara because I haven't used here. There was a mix up with her old assistant and though I planned to book her, I didn't feel comfortable booking her before having a trial done. I told the assistant this but she told me she couldnt squeeze me in for a trial (at the time) for months and in the meanttime someone booked Sara for my day. But that beside the point....

IF you look online you can get a good idea of her glam squad's work. OBvisously, all the girls are interviewed and chosen by Sara so they meet or fill her criteria or standards, however they are not as experienced as she is.

I also didn't like the idea that if i was the only one having makeup done we had to pay an additional fee.

I ended up booking Kristin Greene who is highly recommended on this board and whom I can NOT say enough good things about.

Others that are usually recommended on here are Skinplicity, and I DO faces.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I also booked Kristin Greene and she has been nothing but wonderful!!  I have seen her work and she is now doing airbrush and hair so it's all 1 person doing everything I wanted.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Sara Faella is booked on my date already also so I booked the Glam Squad and couldn't be happier. I had my trial 2 weeks ago with the Glammie who will be with me the day of my wedding and she was amazing! I loved how my hair and makeup came out and I would suggest the Glam Squad!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Sara and her glam squad for my big day. The glammie that was there on my wedding day was an older woman who was good with handling fussy mothers like my mom. (I made a note to Sara about my mom). She was also great with my girls too. Everyone was happy with their make up. 

If you are interested in meeting Sara and her girls, they are offering FREE make up classes every Monday night for the month of March. You get to see their work and mingle with them without committing to a make up trial. 

• Options
    Thanks, all!  One last question.. is it possible to book Sara just for the bride and have her glammies do the bridesmaids?  or will that incur an additional "fee" as some of you mentioned since Sara will only be working on the bride?  Kristine Greene is booked on my date and I haven't heard back from Serai.
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited March 2012
    Poodip, you have a pm!

Not sure if it went through, The Knot is rather kooky lately but to answer your question, No, there is no fee incurred if you use Sara for yourself and her glammies for your bridal party.
  • Options

Royal orient: no, I didn't get the pm -- sorry.

I like Sara and her glammies, but they said I needed to know how many people will be needing hair and makeup done before I make the deposit to secure my date. And I'm not 100% sure.   What's the common etiquette?  If I had 2 bridesmaids in my party, would I pay for their hair and makeup, or would it be ok if I asked  them if they would be interested in getting their hair and makeup but have to pay for it themselves?  They also said that trials would have to take place Mon-Thurs since they are booked for weddings over the weekend....so that isn't as convenient for me either.   Anyone heard of Laura Bodziony from Make Me Up Bridal? 

• Options
    I booked Jennie Kay at the recommendation of a friend and I can't say enough good things about her. After a fantastic trial, she is now my regular hair stylist too. She has a cute little studio located in Middletown, near Newport and has been doing this for a long time. You can find her easily enough on Facebook.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards