Rhode Island

Help! Need Trustworthy Place In Rhode Island To Do Alterations

I'm looking for any advice on getting my wedding gown altered. I'm in Rhode Island, and I got my dress from David's Bridal, but I don't want to have them alter it. I've heard too many bad reviews about pricing as well as professionalism. 
My dress only needs hemming, but it's a VERY delicate material, and I'm so worried about snags. It also has kind of a cool looking asymmetrical hem I'd like to keep intact.
I need someone familiar with the intricacies of bridal alterations, and also someone who won't charge more than what the dress cost! Although, I don't mind paying more if the person does high quality, careful work.
I'm in East Providence, but I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance.
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Help! Need Trustworthy Place In Rhode Island To Do Alterations

• edited March 2012
    I'm looking for any advice on getting my wedding gown altered. I'm in Rhode Island, and I got my dress from David's Bridal, but I don't want to have them alter it. I've heard too many bad reviews about pricing as well as professionalism. 
    My dress only needs hemming, but it's a VERY delicate material, and I'm so worried about snags. It also has kind of a cool looking asymmetrical hem I'd like to keep intact.
    I need someone familiar with the intricacies of bridal alterations, and also someone who won't charge more than what the dress cost! Although, I don't mind paying more if the person does high quality, careful work.
    I'm in East Providence, but I don't mind traveling a reasonable distance.
    Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

• achiduckachiduck member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2012
    You should post this on the Rhode Island board, this is an international board and you won't get many responses. Local boards are to the left under "Local Wedding Boards."
    Anniversary
  • I am using Sewing Creations by Rose.  She is out of East Greenwich.  I can't speak to her work yet, but she has gotten good reviews online.  I believe she does free estimates.
  • I have heard great things about Sewing Creations by Rose as well.  GL!
  • Rose is ah-mazing and very reasonably price. She did a great job with the alterations on my wedding dress which had lace and beading. 

• Another vote for Rose!!! She is amazing!! I have my second fitting with her next week!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I cannot say enough good things about Phyllis @ Wishing Well in EP!  Wishing Well ordered my dress incorrectly and we didn't have enough time to rush order a new one, so Phyllis took the size 22 in store and pretty much rebuilt it to the size 12 I needed.  It is amazing looking and she is wonderful.  It was a lace dress with lots of details and it looks just the way it's supposed to.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Thank you so much for the quick responses everyone! I'm going to check out your suggestions today. I really appreciate the advice!
  • Your dress sounds like mine-I got one of the Vera Wang dresses at David's Bridal with the layered asymmetrical tulle skirt. I went to Sewing Creations by Rose and she did an amazing job. I'm short and needed a lot of work on the skirt, and a bustle as well. She's fantastic.
  • Ok you all sold me on Rose!
    I'm making my appointment today.
    Thanks again... I feel more confident now. 
    :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards