Rhode Island
Options

Squantum Association

Is anyone getting married here or have been to a wedding here?  Venue looks beautiful...I'd love to hear more

Re: Squantum Association

• Options
    edited December 2011
    my friend's mom is a member there, it's really beautiful but pricey
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it's really picturesque...our photographer shot a wedding there

http://leatherwoodphotography.com/blog/?p=2805

great scenery..i don't think they accomodate large weddings.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Wow, the first post I've seen in like a year about my venue!!!

I'm getting married there August 14th...and it's GORGEOUS, but pricey.  The food is amazing, the coordinator is a man I could fall in love with for taking care of every detail, and you can't beat the scenery.  They offer two different price points as well as Friday nights and Sunday brunches in the summer now for a lesser cost option, which they didn't have when I was looking last year.  It's definitely a venue for a small-ish crowd (I'd say no more than 150 and that's kind of uncomfortably), but the attention to detail and the level of care and service is seriously top-notch.
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!  I love those pictures.  Do you know the maximum capacity?
  • Options
    336339336339 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    August 20th, Friday evening--can't wait. Pricing seemed reasonable, and for such a unique and beautiful location.  Most of the planning was done with my FI and the tall french guy.....but I think it's going to be great! Not bad for planning a wedding in 3 months!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you having?
  • Options
    336339336339 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    probably about 100-110, or less depending on the out of town guests....
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    according to the website, the bakehouse can hold 180 for dinner.  i think that's a tad high, because when we were there for our tasting in March it was pretty crowded with less than that.  we're using table rounds meant for 10 people but we're seating 8, just to give our guests a little more breathing room because those tables are a bit cramped for the full 10.  we'll probably end up with around 100 guests at our wedding, so we'll have plenty of space for everyone :)
    Holiday Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Do you have any pictures of the venue from when you have visited or links to past brides photos? I am dying to get down there to take a look and see it myself soon.
  • Options
    336339336339 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    they have a good website:  squantumassociation.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    my sister got married there! it is amazzzing! my photographer that im going with for my wedding did a few weddings there that he showed me shots from on our meeting. his website is www.abridesday.com. you can see them in the gallery and see shots of the venue
  • Options
    jcorvesejcorvese member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    headed to a wedding there next weekend . I will let you know .
    we are going to looka t it too-- but i think its a bit much for my budget.
  • Options
    kimthege143kimthege143 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, i'm also getting married there in August of 2011. I have a couple of pictures that I took back in May, I will try to attach them. Are you going to the tasting on the the 25th of February?

• Options
    smb+kstsmb+kst member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is one of the venues I'm considering.  For people who've been there, how is the food?  The menu looks a little old-fashioned.  I've seen several reviews that said the food was good, but no one mentioned anything specific.  Any highlights?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards