Rhode Island
Options

DOC?

I'm looking for  a DOC as it will be such a relief to have someone else be in charge of making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be!  Please let me know who you've used... not looking for wedding planning, just a point person day of for October.

Thanks!

Re: DOC?

• Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Where are you getting married?  Typically they have a person who is in charge and makes sure everything goes well.  Also, you caterer should have a point person to assure the band/dj is moving along, cake cutting,etc. 

• Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Jaime Nelson from Eventfully Planned.http://www.eventfullyplanned.com/
    I can't recommend her enough. I never could have gotten through the day without her .

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Andria from infinite-Events
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Even though a venue may have a catering manager, I still recommend a Day of Coordinator that will oversee EVERYTHING for the day of..not just the reception. From the arrival of flowers to the bride and the bridal party, to the DJ announcing the correct names of the wedding party...DOC's will also be on hand for emergencies...a mother's dress rips or the bride spills something on her dress...my DOC shared a few stories with me and I know I'm going to be thrilled to have her there with me the whole day :-)

Contact Becky Pellegrino @ Aisle Coordinate...she's amazing and I can't wait to work with her!

http://www.aislecoordinate.com/contact/contact.php
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am meeting with the ladies at Gracie Lou Events next week. My caterer has a DOC but I wanted to have a more personal touch. I can let you know how it goes if you want. Here's their site: http://www.gracielouevents.com/
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Andria from Infinite Events, Emilie and Fiona from Pink Orchids Wedding and Lian from Mikado Weddings. 

DOCs are an invaluable asset to have! My wedding spans 1 and half days and with a cultural ceremony and western ceremony and reception, there was just no way I could depend on my caterer and venue coordinator alone. A DOC will work with ALL your vendors to ensure a stress free day for you and your guests. And anyways I need someone just to manage my mother! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Gracie Lou Events 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We've booked Andria, referenced above. I also interviewed Jaime, also referenced above, for a magazine story and would recommend both of them.

As it was put to me, the venue's coordinator is looking out for the venue's best interests. A DOC is looking out for your best interests. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We used Gracie Lou Events and they were amaze-balls. They were our DOCs and I am telling you, did EVERYTHING without question. They were amazing, and I've referred them to everyone who's engaged that I know. They pretty much made my wedding week easy and stress-free.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    rkopeckyrkopecky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Excellent!  Thanks so muh for the recommendations!  Really looking for the piece of mind that comes with having someone else in charge.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    HI,
    I'm using Jessica Castiglia Events and she's amazing!! Her contact is Jessica@jessicacevents.com
    Good Luck!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards