Rhode Island
Options

Ceremony Song Ideas

Hi Ladies-

I asked one of my friends who plays acousitic guitar and sings to play at my ceremony.  I need some song ideas though! Any thoughts?
Thanks!

Kate

Re: Ceremony Song Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We're also using acoustic guitar. I've given the musician a sense of what I like and don't like, and asked them to come up with a proposal based on that. Really, after listening to it for awhile, it all started to sound the same and I just got frustrated... I don't really feel like I know which song is best to use when (processional vs. resessional etc.). I think I'm going to walk down the isle to Canon in D though (FI said he'd like something traditional.. and I didn't want to be singing "here comes the bride" in my head while walking down the isle!).

Keep me posted on what you decide!

tc
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I've always really like canon in D. You could also do something completely untraditional and pick a cute romantic song to be played. I think it is fun to play something that reflects the type of music you like. I'm into indie music so i'd go for stuff like  first day of my life-bright eyes, love you more-alexi murdoch, or sea of love-cat power.
  • Options
    kate1025kate1025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks that was helpful, the problem is its a friend of mine that is going to play. He's never done it before, he plays at bars and whatnot in the area, so he would have to learn all the music.  The traditional songs all sound the same on the guitar, so it is difficult, i am going to look into maybe an Ingrid Michaelson song or something along those lines?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    This is the website our person sent me to get ideas. It might help you
    http://www.acousticwedding.com/

image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kate1025kate1025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awesome, thanks! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I attended a wedding where they had someone sing Ingrid's "You and I" during the ceremony and it was really cute :)
  • Options
    Dicaps55Dicaps55 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You could try something by Jason Mraz - "Lucky" or "I'm Yours" would be pretty.  This might sound kinda weird but we had our guitar player at the ceremony play "No One" by Alicia Keyes when guests were arriving.  It was really nice slowed down a bit.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Dicaps, was it you who put me on to George Leonard?  I think it was... He's a local guitarist and is doing "as time goes by" for our processional... he's not expensive and he sent me the recording and it is sooooooo gorgeous it makes me want to cry.  We're still working on the processional.  My FI is very angry at "love actually" for doing "all you need is love", because that's the song we would have chosen, but now it seems too clichéd.  We're thinking for the recessional either "crazy little thing called love," "it had to be you," or "la vie en rose."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    just make sure its not "accidentally in love" by the counting crows... my friend did it for her wedding and it was a bad idea... i thought of shrek the whole time and how them falling in love with an accident... aka a mistake.

no shrek weddings!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards