Rhode Island

Gel nails

Has anyone had a gel manicure before? I would like to try it out prior to my wedding to see how I like it but I'm worried it will damage my nails. Any thoughts?

Re: Gel nails

• I have gotten shellac many times, I have not tried the gel yet but they are very similar.  It is not something that I do all the time but I will be doing it for the wedding and did it for my shower.  Manicures just do not hold up on me so the shellac lasts and lasts, it looks beautiful!

My nails do weaken if I repeatedly apply the shellac but if I do it once for two weeks and then have it professionally removed, my nails are absolutely fine.  Professional remove and soaking at the nail salon is key for me, I tried to take it off once myself and ruined my nails. 
  • I co own a nail salon, Shellac is gel nails but by the company CND. O.P.I also offers gel manicures too. For most people, gel manicures are great because their polish stays on longer. The gel should not ruin or damage your nail bed if removed properly by the nail tech. Do not attempt to remove them yourself. The cost of a gel polish with manicure should be between $25-$30, a French or Design is usually an additional cost. Most gel polishes with the exception of French last close to two weeks (depending on how oily your nail beds are). 
  • I get them all the time and definitely recommend it!! Especially when you have something special (like your wedding!) and don't want them to chip!
  • I love love love gel manicures. I used to get them all the time. There was no damage to my nails and they're very strong, I had a very physical job and I had no problems with breaking, cracking, scratching, anything. The only reason I haven't had them in a while as I have two very young daughters in diapers and it just isn't practical for me right now.
  • Love gel nails!! They last forever and are worth the price!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Love them!  I did them for my wedding and they lasted about 2 weeks.  they probably would have lasted longer if I didn't go rock climbing in Hawaii, and only one nail couldn't take that :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards