Rhode Island

would appreciate some advice

hello everyone.. not new to theknot but new to posting on this board.. i'm getting married on 11/11/10 in mystic, ct with my reception being held in westerly, ri.. i live overseas and i am freaking out about what to do hair/makeup wise.. i won't be back home in the states until the 11/1 which doesn't give me much time to have trials with people.. i would hate to book someone only to end up hating whatever they did :( does anyone have some advice on what i should do? 

Re: would appreciate some advice

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Scroll down to the make up thread and check out the recs on there. Look through the bridal portfolios on their websites to see which artist's work is inline with your wedding day look. I would suggest contacting the make up artist(s) to see if they are available for your date and inquire about pricing. A phone interview is a must! You want to make sure that you click with her or him. Send a picture of yourself and inspiration pictures of bridal make up to see if that look will work for you and if the make up artist can create that look for you. I'd try to get in a trial before the wedding date to see if any changes need to be made before the big day.

I believe most of the MUA recs in the make up thread are going to be a really a good guide but look up reviews on weddingwire or project wedding.

G.L

btw make up artist Sara Faella is from Westerly, R.I
    I am interested in her air brush make up service but not really impressed with her lack of a bridal portfolio on her website although her facebook fan page has tons of bridal pictures and she has a great deal of experience with lots of positive review. I am having a trial with her at the end of this month to see if she is a good fit. Her rates are reasonable too.
  • edited December 2011
    Haircraft Design in Westerly RI has both hair and make-up people available to work with you.  They have done many weddings that are held in Watch Hill.  contact them at 401-596-440,
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards