Rhode Island

Poll Time!

I see some new faces and we're almost a month in to 2010. Time to hear how everyone is doing with their planning! I'll try to come up with the standard questions and throw in some new ones.

Wedding Date:
Venue:
Favorite Vendor:
Favorite Detail:
Colors:
Most Frustrating Thing So Far:
Most Exciting Thing So Far:
Honeymoon Location:
Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:

Re: Poll Time!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10.1.10
    Venue: Linden Place Bristol, RI
    Favorite Vendor: I really love my photographer, Olivia Gird. We have a tasting scheduled at Russell Morin's at the end of the month, so I'm sure I'll love them after that as well!
    Favorite Detail: I am getting really excited about my invitations. FI and I love to travel so we are planning on using that as a mini theme. The invites tie into it, as well as the vintage suitcases we purchased this weekend.
    Colors: Grey, Orange, and Turquoise
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Linden Place changed their outdoor music policy and it totally bummed me out. I am dealing with it though and am feeling way more positive about it.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: Other than throwing a big party, I am getting excited about all of the little details (shoes, hair accessory, menus).
    Honeymoon Location: We narrowed it down to Belize
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: I am planning on doing it, but only with the right photographer Wink
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: April 11, 2010

Venue: OceanCliff

Favorite Vendor: Oh I can't choose! I love them all!

Favorite Detail: My favors! I plan on making macarons and I will actually be testing them out this weekend! I can't wait!

Colors: Blackl, white, and pinks

Most Frustrating Thing So Far: The cake! For the life of me I can't make a decision on the flavors! I finally just decided on the way it will look.

Most Exciting Thing So Far: My favors! I love to bake so I really cant wait.

Honeymoon Location: Not sure yet. We're not sure if FI will have enough leave time for a honeymoon, so we will take one later.

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Yes I did them last year. I wasn't that impressed with them, but only because they are mine. I think everyone should do them though!
  • missejaynemissejayne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10/10/10
    Venue: Radisson Valley Forge... Waterford Rm
    Favorite Vendor: tie btw our Photographer (tod Brody) and our florist (petals lane)
    Favorite Detail: my blue shoes
    Colors: Tiffany blue and brown
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: getting addresses from people is like hearding cats
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: fiddleheads in my flowers!!
    Honeymoon Location: we dont know yet!!
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: nooooooooooooooo thats a BIT too risky for me ahah

• JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 08.14.2010
    Venue: Belle Mer - Island House
    Favorite Vendor: The only major vendor I have is my photog - Brian Phillips, but I suspect he wil be my favorite in the end too!
    Favorite Detail: Excited about getting the blue / brown Jones Soda and some surprises for my FI, such as a bicycle as a prop
    Colors: Blue and Brown
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Guest List - my parents are divorced, and I have a very involved italian grandmother - everyone thinks they own the guest list!
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: Getting Brian as my photog!
    Honeymoon Location: TBD - we will likely wait awhile before taking a honeymoon, so my FI can earn some vacation time

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: I WANT to - Any advice / photog recs are very appreciated! I would also want it to be a surprise for my FI, which makes it difficult to meet potential photogs.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: July 31, 2010
    Venue: Belle Mer- Island House
    Favorite Vendor: I love all of them!
    Favorite Detail: My pink shoes. I just wish my FI was taller so i could have gotten my Louboutin's :(
    Colors: Navy and fuschia
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Fi's family, ugh... Please don't get me started!
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: All of it!
    Honeymoon Location: Not sure, we haven't decided. We may have to wait until later cause we might be moving to Europe 2 days later.
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:
    I want to, just haven't had time yet!
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 6-28-10
    Venue: Astors'
    Favorite Vendor: It's really hard to pick one-they've all been so great. Either Stef (junemoonink.com) who is doing my invites or Liza from Morin's. I really love Jenny from Zenobia too.
    Favorite Detail: I am currently on a shoe hunt for some Louboutins in graphite with a 3-4 inch heel.
    Colors: Graphite, purple and slate blue.
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: The whole craziness with Astors' being sold, but thankfully they are honoring our contract.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: It's been really fun picking out colors, paper, etc. and designs for the invitation. Dress shopping was great too.
    Honeymoon Location: Somewhere in the Pacific-Tahiti, Fiji, Hawaii
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Perhaps...maybe for the one year anniversary to help with costs.
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 26, 2010
    Venue: Venus de Milo, Swansea
    Favorite Vendor: so far, it would have to be my florist, Almeida's Floral Design.
    Favorite Detail: My flowers and my huge cake.
    Colors: Brown, taupe, ivory, gold and a touch of the faintest/blushest of pinks.
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Having a 3 year engagement.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: Our apartment.
    Honeymoon Location: Carribean Cruise with Carnival
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Yes. With a super amazing photographer. I cannot wait!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: June 19, 2010

Venue: Glen Manor House

Favorite Vendor: our photographer, Melissa Robotti...and our venue

Favorite Detail: flowers and candy buffet

Colors: pink, green, and ivory...muted tones

Most Frustrating Thing So Far: finding a guest shuttle

Most Exciting Thing So Far: finally, after a year and a half, seeing things start to come together

Honeymoon Location: ugh..still undecided. somewhere in the caribbean

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: i think so, but i'm so nervous!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10.16.10

Venue: Belle Mer's Island House

Favorite Vendor: Can't tell yet. I'm pretty excited about Cregg Annarino (Photographer), Kristin Greene (Makeup), Mike Pickard (Videography), Golden Gate (florist).

Favorite Detail: I'm really happy with the stationary I found for invites/programs/table numbers/seating chart etc on Etsy.  I'm just starting to get to the details... so ask me again in a few months!

Colors: Saphire blue and white, with some bright accent colors (circus roses!)

Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Probaby figuring out our budget with a divorced family.

Most Exciting Thing So Far: Probably when I showed the dress I thought was my dress to my MOH and stepmom. Their reactions confirmed that it really was *my* dress!

Honeymoon Location: Planning the Honeymoon is FI's job :) We're thinking somewhere like St. Lucia, Antiguilla, St. Johns... but we probably won't go until a couple months after the wedding because of his work situation.

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: I want to, but it will depend 1) if there's money left and 2) if I can find a photographer I like enough and 3) be sneaky!
    image 208 Invited
    image 107 Are ready to party!
    image 102 Will be missing out
    image 0 Are MIA (RSVPs due 9.10)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 29, 2011

Venue: Crowne Plaza Grand Ballroom (Warwick)

Favorite Vendor: I hate to choose but if I had to, I'd say it's a tie between Victor my DJ (Partytime) and Jenn Leatherwood my photog, both for the passion, enthusiasm and levels of ability they have in each of their fields.

Favorite Detail: None yet.

Colors: Turquoise/Aqua + Peach, Oranges, Creams, Whites

Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Realizing how much flowers cost!

Most Exciting Thing So Far: Just being engaged!!

Honeymoon Location: None yet.

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Yes, hopefuly Winter 2011
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• edited December 2011

Wedding Date: 10/10/10
    Venue: Crowne Plaza, Tiverton Room & Rotunda
    Favorite Vendor: Golden Gate Studios!
    Favorite Detail: Our favors!!  Can't say what they are, it's a surprise!
    Colors: truffle brown and fall colors like burnt orange and deep red
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: the guest list problem, I'm over it.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: the whole planning process has been fun!
    Honeymoon Location: probably a cruise, nothing written in stone yet
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Maybe later but not right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  April 16, 2010
    Venue:  Glen Manor House
    Favorite Vendor:  Hard to tell...  Love Barbara from Glorious Affairs!
    Favorite Detail:  Photobooth and the photostrip frames for favors!
    Colors:   Chartreuse, Black and White
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far:  Finding 3" double faced satin chartreuse ribbon!
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:  Everything!
    Honeymoon Location:  Excellence Playa Mujeres!
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  Yes... Jennifer Leatherwood... awesome awesome... here's a TOP SECRET sneak peak...  
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  May 15, 2010
    Venue:  Ledgemont Country Club
    Favorite Vendor: Jennifer Leatherwood - LOVE her!
    Favorite Detail:  my dress so far - I absolutely cannot wait to wear it!
    Colors:  dark purple with green and white accents
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far:  finalizing the guest list
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:  our engagement pictures were so much fun and cake tasting was too.
    Honeymoon Location:  Italy - CAN'T WAIT!
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  Yes,  It's FI's 30th birthday one month before the wedding so I wanted to do something extra special.  A tad nervous though. :)

• wendyk33wendyk33 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 6/12/2010
    Venue:Oceancliff
    Favorite Vendor: not sure. I am really excited about my photographer kIm praast thought i cant wait to get pictures back
    Favorite Detail: the wedding planning is really not my thing so its all kind of frustrating to me
    Colors:green, blue, ivory
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far:planning
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:Hearing about my bridal shower
    Honeymoon Location:Hawaii
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:no
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 10-10-10
    Venue: The Meeting House, Tiverton
    Favorite Vendor: Probably photographer Melissa Robotti
    Favorite Detail: Hmm, don't know yet. Possibly our favors.
    Colors: Navy and copper
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: The dress.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: Actually deciding on a date and venue after looking, and looking, and looking ...
    Honeymoon Location: TBD. We are taking a mini-moon for a few days somewhere nearby and then doing a full honeymoon in either January (to somewhere warm) or May/June (if we decide on Napa or London for Wimbledon.) I am an adjunct at URI so it has to be before, after or between semesters.
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: FI has been bugging me since he looked at our photog's blog and realized there's such a thing! Still unsure, though.
  • edited December 2011
     Wedding Date: Feb. 27th

Venue:  Central Baptist in Jamestown then reception at Spain in Narragansett

Favorite Vendor: I dont think i have a favorite vendor

Favorite Detail: I love love love my monogram decals

Colors: tiffany blue, light blue and white (were doing a snow and ice theme)

Most Frustrating Thing So Far: planning a wedding while I stay at home with a 3 year old and 1 year old ughh lol

Most Exciting Thing So Far: decorations :)

Honeymoon Location:  I think i want to do it really small and just spend a few nights in the cape. I used to go to the cape when i was growing up, so i wanted to share that

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: May 30, 2010
    Venue: Glen Manor House
    Favorite Vendor: Ugh, total tough call...Victor from Party Time, Ashley from Russ Morin's and Jay from Golden Gate are all tied at the top!
    Favorite Detail: All of the millions of personal touches :)
    Colors: Black, White & Yellow
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: My parents being annoying!
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: The thought of marrying FI!!
    Honeymoon Location: Hawaii for two glorious weeks :)
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: YES! coming this April with the one and only Melissa Robotti! :)
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: September 18, 2010
    Venue: Newport Marriott
    Favorite Vendor: hmm either my photographer LeFebrve Photo (Danielle) or Golden Gates Studio
    Favorite Detail: all the little things! I'm doing a lot of DIY and really enjoy it!
    Colors: Watermelong and Sunflower (pink and yellow)
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: nothing! everything has been really easy! :)
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: the whole thing! I also love seeing FI getting into it! He's been really great!
    Honeymoon Location: Cruisin' the Carribean! :)
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: Yes!! :) FI is going to be SO excited :) I said something about it one day as a joke and he was like yay right you would never do it! I'll show him! :)

Nine-Ten Siggy Challenge: Favorite Picture of FI and Me!
    imageimage

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    204image 138image 41image 25image RSVP August 18

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: August. 1, 2010  
    Venue: Linden Place Museum
    Favorite Vendor: I love them all so far. i am really excited to do our tasting (Blackstone) and for our DJ, he seems amazing (Charles Bernard).
    Favorite Detail: The chocolate fountain
    Colors: Black, Red, and White
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: Etiquette
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: My FI has been so involved and amazing with the whole process.
    Honeymoon Location: Costa Rica
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: I want to do it as a present to my FI...so don't tell ;-)
  • EmandMC2BEmandMC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 9/4/2010
    Venue: Valley Country Club- Warwick
    Favorite Vendor: so far, Michelle from On the Spot Photography
    Favorite Detail: all our DIY projects
    Colors: aquamarine blue and chocolate brown
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: waiting for the BIG day and spots showing up on my gown
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: I'm craftier than I thought when it comes to DIY and how excited FI gets about everything
    Honeymoon Location: undecided- somewhere prob in the Carribean
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: prob not

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: August 7, 2010

Venue:   St. Kevin Church (Warwick) and Crowne Plaza - Atrium

Favorite Vendor:  Crowne!

Favorite Detail:   The groom

Colors:   black, white, and what has turned into fuchsia

Most Frustrating Thing So Far:   having a 2.5 year engagement

Most Exciting Thing So Far:   198 days to go!

Honeymoon Location:   We're fighting over this

Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:   Hell to the no!
  • csun060797csun060797 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  09.05.10
    Venue: Cafe Nuovo
    Favorite Vendor: This is a hard one.  I absolutely love Infinite Events and Jennifer Leatherwood
    Favorite Detail: My venue and the harp at the ceremony
    Colors: Eggplant, gray, champagne
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: I have several-the guest list, finding transportation, and my MOH!
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:  My fiance actually making decisions, paying attention and being as excited as I am to celebrate us.
    Honeymoon Location:I want to travel to Tahiti or Greece but honestly don't think they are in our budget.  If I could get a travel agent to call me back I might know! Oh that would be another frustration I have-travel agents..lol
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  yes, did them, love them, thanks to Jenn Leatherwood!
  • ayleeaylee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  5/22/10
    Venue:  Belle Mer Island House
    Favorite Vendor:  My photographer so far
    Favorite Detail:  I have none yet
    Colors:  Navy and White
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far:  Maintaining our budget
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:  Recently, receiving our wedding bands!
    Honeymoon Location:  We're still debating, Fiji or Hawaii
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  No, unfortunately we don't have room in my budget for one
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: October 29, 2010
    Venue: The Village Inn in Narragansett, RI
    Favorite Vendor: my photographer David Bibeault
    Favorite Detail: Not sure yet
    Colors: eggplant and fall colors
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: having to pick a videographer...there are so many and we haven't found a perfect video yet
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: planning for the honeymoon
    Honeymoon Location: St. Kitts
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: I really want to surprise FI with them but not sure yet
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date:  8/28/2010
    Venue:  Glen Manor House
    Favorite Vendor:  I like them all but my venue is my favorite!
    Favorite Detail:  My flowers
    Colors:  Deep purple, lavender, sage, and cream
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far:  My cousin decided to have his wedding the weekend after mine which has caused some family drama as well as complicated my honeymoon plans. I've been trying to pretend that none of it bothers me but it really does.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far:  Getting my dress
    Honeymoon Location:  Not sure yet but maybe Aruba
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  I'd like to but I will need to lose a little weight and find some more money in the budget for it....
  • edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: 8/27/10
    Venue: Castle Hill
    Favorite Vendor: Photographer-Zenobia
    Favorite Detail: our venue!
    Colors: eggplant, ivory, lilac
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: cutting down the guest list
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: the dress!
    Honeymoon Location: tbd
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No: yes but not yet!

• edited December 2011
    Wedding Date: September 10, 2010
    Venue:  Hyatt Rgency- Newport
    Favorite Vendor:  It's really tough for me to pick.  I'm excited about all of them!!  I am really looking forward to working with our photographer, Cregg Annarino
    Favorite Detail:  So far, I LOVE my shoes!  They're  fuschia, satin peep toe pumps....LOVE them!!! <3
    Colors:  Dark Teal-- Accent colors--magenta, dark purple, fuschia
    Most Frustrating Thing So Far: 2 Things-- 1) Trying to cut down the guest list.  We're shooting for 175 guests and we have 215 right now...2) My future sister in law is one of my bridesmaids and she has been a bit difficult so far.
    Most Exciting Thing So Far: Finding my dress!! 
    Honeymoon Location:
      Not sure yet.  We're thinking about going to Aruba.
    Boudoir Pics, Yes or No:  I'm not sure.  I haven't ruled them out though...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards