Rhode Island
Options

Make-Up Trial Review: Jennifer Hodge (Spectrum Makeup Artistry)

Continuing from my hair trial review...while browsing our photographer Susan Sancomb's blog on Friday, I noticed some beautiful new pictures with "Spectrum Makeup Artistry" cited for the makeup.  Having been adamant that I was NOT having my make-up done but instead spending  money on a bunch of new treats from Sephora, I was surprised when I found myself drawn to how fresh and beautiful the make-up looked.  And then it hit me that the name was familiar because Lynda (my hair stylist, see my hair trial review) had recommended Jennifer when I initially asked for make-up artists in case I changed my mind.   Well, a phone call later this past Friday afternoon and I was set for a trial the very next day (right after getting my hair done with Lynda, and before going for my dress fitting!).  

For the rest of the day I was getting compliments everywhere I went.  In my previous career choice I had often found myself in a make-up artist's chair, however I have never had anyone make my features pop as beautifully yet without looking like I'm all made up.  Jennifer uses airbrush make-up and it literally felt like there was nothing on my skin (which is awesome because I don't wear make-up every day).  And when she says it lasts 18 hours, she's not kidding.  I had my trial at 3pm, and then continued onto dress fittings, running errands for my upcoming shower, etc.  By the time I got home I was exhausted and when I was reading, fell asleep.  When I woke up at 7:30am the next morning, my make-up still looked amazing!   I couldn't believe it.  And it looks fresh and dewy too; not at all caked on, etc. like traditional foundation, etc.  I was so in love with the results that I booked Jennifer on the spot!

I am SO excited to have Jenn do my make-up next month and, if you're looking for an awesome artist, give her a try!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Make-Up Trial Review: Jennifer Hodge (Spectrum Makeup Artistry)

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I am definitely a huge fan of air brush make up application. It is so light and long lasting. I am planning on splurging on a temptu machine as the Dior airflash foundation (purchased at Sephora) was no match. As for Jennifer, I have heard good things about her work too. Glad to hear you had a successful make up trial! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards