Rhode Island
Options

Wedding baskets/hotel bags

anyone have a good site of what exactly should go in a wedding reception bathroom basket and a guest over night hotel basket?  thanks so much.

Re: Wedding baskets/hotel bags

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know about a site but this is what we included for our Newport wedding:

Gum
    Small bags of chips/pretzels
    Band-aids
    Tylenol (or something like that)
    Water
    Russian chocolates (H was born in Russia)
    Wisconsin chocolate covered cherries (I'm from WI)
    Maps/local Newport Info
    Welcome letter which included an itinerary

We used these bags and fuchsia tissue paper. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to do hotel bags as well...but i wasn't sure do we give the bags to all the people that are staying at the rooms we blocked out or just the people in the wedding?

We blocked out rooms from different hotels and would be a total of 30 rooms. Wasn't sure who gets the hotel bags.

Thank you!

• Options
    jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is the running list I have...I will not be doing all of these things, but I have been adding to it as I get ideas.  I will be giving them to everyone that books a hotel room for the wedding.

Del’s Lemonade Mix

Autocrat Coffee Syrup

PC pens

“Only in RI” brochure

Maps

Postcard

Welcome brochure

Tylenol

Water

Tums

Granola bars

Crackers

Cookies

Lobster lollipops

Hot wiener spice

Salt water taffy

Contact numbers

Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://newport.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_wedding-basketshotel-bags?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:63a5a173-cb97-4843-a114-5d0b0ad4f48ePost:bf17564a-d170-4b2c-9d9d-f27f6069fc7c">Re: Wedding baskets/hotel bags</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was going to do hotel bags as well...but i wasn't sure do we give the bags to all the people that are staying at the rooms we blocked out or just the people in the wedding? We blocked out rooms from different hotels and would be a total of 30 rooms. Wasn't sure who gets the hotel bags. Thank you!
    Posted by Mtext1014[/QUOTE]

We gave to all wedding guests.  If I knew that 3 of my friends were staying in one room, I sent 3 bags to that room.  We had some people staying at hotels outside of our room block so we gave out those bags at our welcome reception the night before.  I think we made around 35 bags for our wedding.  We had 83 guests and 100% were OOT. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Since my husband is originally from Spokane, WA and I'm from the MA/RI area,  we wanted our bags to consist of things from where we are from and some from our childhood.

We did at least 40 welcome bags at various hotels. Every person/couple staying at a hotel received a bag.

Welcome Bags:
    -Maps and brochures of Newport from the Newport Visitor Center 
    -Welcome/Thank you for coming letter with contact numbers
    -5 to 8 pieces of Saltwater Taffy (MA/RI) ($1.99 a box at the Christmas Tree Shop)
    -Two bottles of Narragansett Beer (Amber Ale and Octoberfest) (MA/RI)
    -Spokane, WA Chocolate bar (WA)
    -Packaged breakfast cookies (WA)
    -A bag of Tims Potato Chips (WA)
    -Necco Waffer Candy (MA/RI)
    -Autocrat Coffee Syrup (MA/RI) (you can get these at the Stop and Shop for a decent price. I would not buy them through the company website, since they are a tad bit more expensive.)
    -Portuguese chocolates (MA/RI)
    -Little rolls of Tums
    -Aspirin packages (you can buy these at an Office Max or Staples)
    -Mini tins of Altoids
    -gum

Bathroom Baskets:
    -gum
    -mints
    -hairspray
    -mouthwash
    -lotion
    -hair ties
    -bobby pins
    -Aspirin
    -perfume
    -combs
    -Small containers of under arm deodorant
    -band aids

I also did a men's basket, minus the girly stuff. Laughing

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
  • Options
    SOEngaged101SOEngaged101 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    These are all such great ideas!  One thing I would recommend making sure that you do is definitely add something that is unique to you and your groom...you don't want it to be too generic...there are so many local fun favors you can find around...if you guys love the beach, you can get some sand from a local beach and put it in a little bottle or something.  Maps of the area and a list of fun things to do before/after the wedding are always a plus. 

Another thing to consider would be to possibly make "family baskets" if you have families with children coming...this way you can add in some crayons and a local coloring book, or something of the sort.  You don't have to have a separate basket for each of the (for example) 4 people in the family, you can just have one larger basket that incorporates everyone in the family.  (And you can even save some money this way, too!)

Lauren

www.so-engaged.com
    lhiggins@so-engaged.com
    Lauren Higgins*SO Engaged*www.so-engaged.com*lhiggins@so-engaged.com*
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards