Rhode Island
Options

Day of Coordinator?

Hi ladies!  While I cannot afford to have a wedding planner, I think it would be so helpful to have a DOC.  Do you think it is worth having a DOC and factor it into the budget?  Also, which DOC would you girls recommend?  Are there any DOC that you can get for less than $1000?  I am willing to go for someone who may have less experience but willing to learn and help for the wedding.  Any suggestions?  Thanks!

Re: Day of Coordinator?

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Gracie Lou Events! They were willing to work with me on my budget and have gone above and beyond their role as just my day of coordinators. I say this because they have recommended vendors to me and offered expert advice + tips on planning too. Liz and Adrienne are absolutely sweet too. There are a few Knotties on here who have used them or are using them. 

• Options
    Mrs.McIrishMrs.McIrish member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A DOC is very great to have especially if you decorations/set up issues the day of. We could not get intot he space until the afternoon when we were already at the church.   I used Jamie Nelson of Eventfully Planned for my June wedding at the Towers. I highly recommend her. www.eventfullyplanned.com 

TTC #1 since 8/1/10; Me:39 and BRCA1+, DH:44
    DOR (FSH 24.3)/ terrible egg quality
    5 IUI's: 2/11 to 6/11 and 1/12= BFN
    OE IVF#1-4 8/11-6/12= all BFN
    DE IVF#5 11/12 bad embryos= BFFN
    FINAL DE IVF #6 1/13: cancelled as second donor backed out during stims
    Was added last minute as 3rd recipient to new donor on 1/18; ET1/23/13
    2/1/13 BFP for the first time ever; Beta hell for several weeks: miscarriage 7 wks
    CFNBC
    GradyPhotobucket
    Riley
    RIP Riley 1/4/12
    PAIF/SAIF Welcome
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

It is definately worth it.  We utiliized Judy Carroll from Papers in Newport as our weekend coordinator and she was fabulous.  At first we didn't think we would need her for the whole weekend but it was the best money I spent.  I am sure she does the day of as well, she is worth checking out.

• Options
    edited December 2011

Thank you for all the recs!  I have contacted all of the above ones you recommended.  If you dont mind me asking, how much does a DOC cost?  Is it possible to find one for less than $1000?  Thanks!

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_day-of-coordinator-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:66cacdf2-e6fc-4a0f-b060-a49324293424Post:adc29d3f-d624-4c27-8fb9-0128dee9890b">Re: Day of Coordinator?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Thank you for all the recs!  I have contacted all of the above ones you recommended.  If you dont mind me asking, how much does a DOC cost?  Is it possible to find one for less than $1000?  Thanks!
    Posted by rsmehta[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>It really depends on the level of experience and how much involvement. My DOC is not only going to be at my wedding on the day of but also at the rehearsal dinner too. I really felt chemistry was important as these people will be protecting your interest to ensure your wedding goes smoothly. I requested quotes and got rates between $800-$1700. I was fortunate my DOC was willing to work with my budget so there is a little room for flexibility there. It is definitely worth discussing. If you do meet with Gracie Lou Events, tell them Moni referred you. I hope that helps. G.L</div><div>
    </div><div>
    </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to respond, but I highly recommend Andria at Infinite Events. I don't know what her pricing is now, but I paid far less than your budgeted amount for a full day of coverage from start to finish plus rehearsal.

My review of her is the featured review on her Wedding Wire page if you want more details: http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/infinite-events-somerset/46bd90106f44741c.html
  • Options
    BellaBride29BellaBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I second Andria from Infinite Events.  I booked her as my DOC for my wedding on 7/16/11 and the services I'm using her for are $800.  If you want me to send you her price list I think I still have it.
  • Options
    jsj78jsjjsj78jsj member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard good reviews of a few other DOCs on the Boston board and I think some of them start at $500-$700.

Trends and Traditions
    Jeni Lu
    Pink Orchid Weddings
    Dot Your I's Events
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would absolutely recommend a DOC.  I was increadibly oranzied but you cannot predict the random issues that come up the day before or the day of.  (Like the owner of the B&B you rented just not showing up when all your guests check in)
    I used Jessica Castiglia and she was amazing.  She was so calm and easy going and really helped with both my nerves and my Fiance.  In fact at one point in the night he leaned over and wispered "you need to give Jessica more money".   I think her normal DOC rate is around $600 which is very inclusive. 
    Good luck!!
    http://www.jessicacevents.com/Home.html
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards