Rhode Island
Options

Castle Hill

Does anyone have any pictures of their wedding at Castle Hill in Newport that they'd like to share? One of my best friends just booked her wedding their for next summer and she would love to see more pictures of it all set up for a wedding and everything.

my email is amyLhannon@hotmail.com

Re: Castle Hill

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey!  We got married at Castle Hill last August and loved it! 

There are a ton of pics of Castle HIll on my phtog's blog.  Go to www.snapweddings.blogspot.com and click on the Castle Hill link on the right hand side.  We are a few down, Aisha and Dave, but she can see many weddings at Castle Hill and many rain options!!!

Does she have a photog yet?  If not I would highly recommend Snap!  they shoot weddings there all the time and produce beautiful photos, even in the rain!  HTH!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It makes me nervous because they make you use their caterer, right?

How was the food?  Prices?  I've found some places that make you use their caterer really skewer you with high prices since you can't shop it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_castle-hill?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:6782b7e6-0614-4e49-8a87-ca1d91298a55Post:a03a1692-4f56-4318-8087-f0a331eb6a2b">Re: Castle Hill</a>:
    [QUOTE]It makes me nervous because they make you use their caterer, right? How was the food?  Prices?  I've found some places that make you use their caterer really skewer you with high prices since you can't shop it.
    Posted by catemeg[/QUOTE]

I have looked far and wide for receptions that allow outside catering and honestly most places don't allow it or they have a preferred vendor (caterer) list. If you want a list of venues that allow outside catering, let me know I can email it to you. With that said, Castle Hill is a bit of an upscale venue so expect to pay higher prices. However, the food is definitely worth it. You can still host an affordable wedding with a smaller guest list in the off season or a weekday. I am sure you can also negotiate too. Check the minimums and package selections to see what works within your budget.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

The food is definitely amazing at Castle Hill, if you have doubts about it then go eat at their restaurant, they use the same food.  I didn't try anything that wasn't awesome.

Like Royal Orient said, there are few places that allow you to bring your own caterer, the mansions do and the Eisenhower house, when I was looking for a venue that was it!

• Options
    haliesb11haliesb11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am looking at Castle Hill tomorrow. It seems a little pricer than I was hoping to go. Any tips for me when I get there? We are very new and are planning our wedding for earlier summer of 2011. Were there a lot of additional cost or was it mostly included?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Castle Hill is so phenomenal... really a beautiful place! My photos has a bunch of Castle Hill galleries on her website go to www.zenobia-studios.com, click into weddings, then hit Feature Galleries an there is a wedding there. Then, if you go to the blog, there is a tab for Topics, click that then click Castle HIll...
    The thing is you get what you pay for. Castle Hill is definitely not cheap, but they so an incredible, unforgetable job. Your guests will never forget your wedding...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards