Rhode Island

Caterers

What is the norm for tastings?  Do they offer tastings before you book?  It would seem weird not to because what is the food is awful?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Caterers

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Generally a tasting is offered before booking. Sometimes there is a open house or a private tasting. Tastings are also usually complimentary. You should do some research to see what caterers offer tastings. 
  • edited December 2011
    I had complementary tastings with Blackstone, Blue Rocks, and Plantation prior to booking with Blackstone.  The tasting makes it really difficult to have to tell the caterer "no" after the fact, but they know not everyone is going to book with them. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Jane*PJane*P member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went with Russell Morin after tasting the food and meeting him at an open house about a year before the wedding. Several months before the wedding, we scheduled a tasting. They included the foods that my DD and her fiancé choose from their extensive menu. This worked out well for us. Very pleased we went with RM. I should also add that we got a couple of 'incentives' for booking within a certain amount of time from the open house. We chose 7% off food cost (think that was the #) and a complimentary Appetizer Landscape table ( with cheeses, breads, etc.). A signature cocktail was one of the other options offered.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards