Rhode Island

Great Antique Stores

So fiance and I decided to do a vintage" travel" theme engagement shoot.
I am  working on getting permission to pose near these smaller planes at North Central airport- and trying to accumulate some vintage luggage for props.

My mom has my grandmothers train case- and I bought a small vintage suitcase at an antique shop in Cumberland (and put my name on the list incase more come in!)

I checked a few more antique shops, but no luck

Anyone know where I can find some great antique places that might have what I'm looking for. I don't want to spend alot since I don't even think I will be able to resell the stuff after- but I checked etsy and everything is really upcycled.

I am hoping to find some small "off the map places" so that I can maybe negoiate on pricing rather than a more popular- larger place that won't be as negoitable
www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Great Antique Stores

• edited December 2011
    I always have luck at this little place The Corner Cupboard in North Kingstown.  There are quite a few others around the NK area (Flying Pig, Lafayette, Wickford, Once in a blue moon) but I have never been to them. 

Or there are a couple up in Greeneville off of Putnum Pike/44, Greenville Antique Center is good if it is open (it closed recently, but I think it re-opened again).  

GL!
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks
    Greenvile is close to me so I will check that out.

We are headed to a bday cookout in Gansett tomorrow, maybe I can convince FI to stop in North Kingstown!
  • edited December 2011
    IMy mom and I love antique shopping. We found a great place in Rehoboth, Mass. called Bliss Farm Antiques/Treasure. The grounds are beautiful for pictures and her shop is beautiful. In the past I have seen vintage luggage, but not sure if it is still there. Worth going IMO. Good Luck
  • jacklynn4jacklynn4 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, I have an antique store and may have some props you can use. You can rent them for $10/day per item. I have at least one suitcase and some great "ladies" things-like hair brushes and mirrors...I also sell custom charms for your wedding! You can use the grounds for pix too, Check it out at blissfarmantiques.com
  • i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info ladies! I went antiquing this weekend in wrentham and found another old suitcase to use. Plus, I ended up digging in my grandparents basement of their old house- and found a great train case I can use!

I am def. going to check out the places you suggested though because I want to get some gloves and a cloch hat as well
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards