Rhode Island
Options

photographer and DJ Ideas

hello!

just wanted to see if anyone could give me some ideas....im getting married jan  5, 2013 at the biltmore hotel and im looking for a good DJ and photographer...not crazy expensive..anyone got some advice??

Re: photographer and DJ Ideas

• Options
    I am using Valetino Photography in Cranston. We just booked them for May 2013 wedding. We clicked with them right away.
    Proud 36yr old Mama of 3, expecting #4 - 8yrs after #3 :)BabyFetus Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would suggest portrait new england....they will customize a package that works for you and your budget.  they are willing to travel and you get 2 photographers. 
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    For photography, I highly recommend Brian Sullivan or John Loconte. Both are really affordable and do amazing work. We haven't chosen a dj yet but I've heard great things about Moondance Productions and their pricing is also quite reasonable. http://www.moondancedj.com/about.html
  • Options
    Victor from Victor Events is amazing.  He did my wedding at the Biltmore last July and was worth every penny.  He kept everyone dancing the whole night and people are still raving about him.  He is pricier than most other local DJs but I promise you will not be disappointed.  For photography, it may help if you provide us with a budget....the price can vary greatly.  I used Scott Zuehlke and he was also phenomenal but expensive.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Brad Ayres is a great photographer, he is very reasonably priced and he and a second photographer will stay with you the whole day and the wedding book is amazing. We were going to use him but another photographer that works with my FI offered to do everything for free as our wedding gift. As for a DJ look into Elevate Entertainment, they are a smaller company with a great MC and awesome music. They will definitely keep the party going all night with all different types of music. Message me if you want direct contact info for either one.
    imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I have moondance productions for DJ booked for august so i will be putting up reviews after the wedding. And memories RI for photography and both have been good to work with so far and easy on the budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am using Captivation Photography in Tiverton, RI.  Lori is great to work with and very affordable.  Totally willing to work with our budget and also does videography.  She did our E-photos and we loved them.
  • Options
    I'm using Sabrina Scolari for photography...she's def. one of the top 5 best wedding photographers in RI.  She is also so sweet and genuine.  The first time I talked with her, I knew she was the one for me.  I'm not sure about about a DJ though, I know more about bands.  I think a band might fit the biltmore a bit better, personally.  Is there a reason why you prefer a DJ at the biltmore?
  • Options
    I'm using Keri-Rae Photography, loved her work. For DJ we are using Lou Paz because Fiancee's Brother recommended him.
  • Options

I am using Valentino Photography for my upcoming July wedding and I agree with PP I like them a lot and fairly reasonable in price as well with really good quality pictures.

Also, for the DJ I am using Victor Events. Like also, PP mentioned, he is on the pricer side but he is awesome at what he does and he will keep your guests dancing till the end. I have seen him first hand at what he does and I couldn't say more positive things about him.

Goodluck.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Our second shooter Monika Rose is definitely budget friendly. Her style of shooting is in line with my photographers, Visual Obsession. Modern, Creative and Editorial style  of photography. She is also very sweet too! Her pricing is dependent on what you want on your big day but for 200 guests, she offers 2 photographers for 6 hrs of coverage for $1500 with rights to high resolution edited photos.

• Options
    I'm using Zach Dauphinais for my DJ. He's been great to work with so far and is super reasonable!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    jennjc8jennjc8 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    I'm using the perfect package....DJ Valentina and James Anthony Photography! Check them out they are great...they are actually a husband and wife which works out perfect. they are young, in style and very modern which worked out for me! They are a great couple and are both really good at what they do. They will even work with you on pricing if you book both of their services since they are apart of the same wedding group (which also includes videography and limos too). Let them know I referred you, I'm sure they will help you out! Check them out online too!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards