Rhode Island

Suggestions for Bakery and Florist

I am looking for suggestions for bakeries and florists for my wedding in Jamestown, RI (so anywhere reasonably close to there). 

I would like to keep things simple, classy and budget friendly.  For the florist I am only going to need bouqets, boutaneirres and maybe two arrangements for the ceremony.

For the cake we would like to try and keep it between $3 and $5 a serving but want comething tastey!

Any suggestions or ideas of vendors would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you in advance!
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Suggestions for Bakery and Florist

• edited December 2011
    If you're looking to be budget-friendly, go with Stop & Shop or the like for flowers. They did my aunt's wedding and the flowers were gorgeous! (We're going to see them this week for our wedding.)
  • edited December 2011
    We're getting my flowers from Carlone's in Portsmouth. 15 Centerpieces, bouts, 3 mom corsages, my bouquet, 4 BM bouquets, and high boy table centerpieces for $1,000. In my book, you can't go wrong with that.
    For cake I got mine from It's My Party in Newport. She's terrific to work with and costing $3.75/slice.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I recommend The River's Edge florist in Cranston.  NIkki can work with your budget and did an amazing job! 
    http://www.riversedgeflowers.com/

Also have you considerd cupcakes, they are about $3 each.  Sweet Indulgence in Warwick.

• edited December 2011

My cake is from Vesta bakery in Westerly. Small shop, but wide variety of flavors, fillings, and styles. Each layer of the cake is made up of many many layers of filling / cake - really delicate and tasty. They'll do anything you want - my fiance and I were undecided on flavors, so we're doing a different flavor for each layer (the baker's recommendation). Beach chairs on top, a few live flowers, the little dots around the outside (beading?) - our style is pretty simple. Best part - the three layer cake came in at less than $200. Such a steal. Highly recommend this bakery.

Happy planning!

-Ashley

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards