Rhode Island
Options

Wedding Cake!

I just got an email from our caterer that our date is shaping up to be a really popular date! So she wants to get moving on getting quotes for our cake.

She asked me what I wanted to spend and i have NO idea how much an average cake costs.
I want a pretty intriciate deisng
I was thinking 6-7oo. Is that not enough?

www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image

Re: Wedding Cake!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We got a quote from Diane's Sweet tooth that came out (with delivery) to be about $500 for 140 ish people.  We're electing to go with cupcakes which will be slightly more for the same amount of people.  I would figure somewhere between $3 and $4 a person, maybe more if you're going super intricate.   GL! :-)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Most of the cake people I spoke with said about $3-6 a slice depending on the specifics of the cake, filling, design, etc.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    LOMLBOAT- who did you contact?

Delivery from dianes to my location was almost $175!

I just got quoted $11 a slice. eek
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    While cake shopping, I met with Sin Desserts and and Creative Cake Company, they quoted me $6 and $8 respectively. The design I wanted was fairly elaborate too but I ended up just getting a groom's cake from Creative Cake Company. They are both on the pricey side but very yummy cakes especially Creative Cake Company. 
  • Options
    courtchace7courtchace7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Ours ended up being around $675 for 120 servings and 3 different flavors. That price includes delivery and silver cake stand rental. I think it averaged out to about $5/person. We're using The Bakery Boutique.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I checked out LaSalle Bakery (my FAV!), Scrumptions (super expensive, but delish) and Wright's.  My design is pretty simple (a lace theme on the cake), but it's intricate so the places varied on how much it would cost, and then of course if I wanted a fruit filling, it upped the price.  We haven't decided if we'll just do a dummy cake and a sheet cake or maybe some other dessert because I didn't want to spend too much on the cake, but like you - I have less than 6 months so I gotta plan this lol!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    thanks ladies
    just sent emails to dyanes and to bakery boutique.
    hoping to get some better pricing.

I am going to contact Sin as well
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't know if anyone is looking for cupcakes or other goodies but Sweet Indulgence can't be beat!!! I have tried a lot of cupcakes and we were going to call them to make an appointment, but after having their stuff at a friend's wedding over the weekend, we are ready to book! Funny thing is, yesterday FI was in East Greenwich and stopped at Scrumptions and picked up some cupcakes for us to try - disgusting!!! The frosting was like eating a stick of butter! Call Kerri at Sweet Indulgence for cupcakes, candy bar or favors.
  • Options
    i2012doi2012do member
    edited December 2011
    I tried sweet indulgence
    but she never ever calls me back. I even finally got in touch with someone for a quot-ebut that was 3 weeks ago and no one ever got back to me.

I wrote on Kerris fb  that i was trying to get in touch- and she deleted it!!
  • Options
    RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    edited December 2011
    I love the Bakery Boutique, their cake is delicious and they have always been quick to respond. 
  • Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Bakery Boutique for a  special ocassion cake since they made yummy cupcakes but I was disappointed with the final results on the cake. I definitely recommend a tasting and to be as detailed as possible. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    2012 I am sorry that happened! Must be some mistake...she is really sweet and her work is great. Contact her again - it will be worth it. My other suggestion would be La Salle or Bakery Boutique, both good places that we didnt look into but have had their product. GL!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going with Kerri at Sweet Indulgence for our cupcakes.  She was great to work with.  I called for an appointment and she set it up right away, gave us a quote that night.  FI wouldn't stop talking about how good the cupcakes were all the way home, he's very excited.  We're putting our deposit down on Saturday, and probably getting some more cupcakes too!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    220 image 123 image 21 image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sarah - you and I are on the same page today! :)  FI loves Kerri and her cupcakes too! We went to a wedding last weekend and were eager to try the cupcakes b/c we knew they were from her. We made an "appointment" for Tuesday but we are ready to book her! Amazing!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I went with It's My Party. Amanda is really creative and attentive. We got one cake, 3 tiers, 2 different kinds for 120 people. One was a raspberry cream and the other was cookies and cream. My DH and I couldn't choose just one! She cost $3.75/slice and free delivery, at least in Newport. And let me tell you, EVERYONE commented on the cake when we got back from the honeymoon. It was the first thing they talked about!!! Good luck!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Jane*PJane*P member
    edited December 2011
    Amanda from It's My Party did an amazing job on the surprise groom's cake for my DD's 9/17/11 wedding. It served 90-100 and was shaped like a ski mountain with foundant figures of a bride and a groom skiing down the mountain. (Actually, the bride was sliding down on her back!). Amanda was able to make it in the groom's favorite flavor -- tiramisu! It was exceptionally well done and very tasty. We've gotten numerous compliments. The price was very reasonable -- $300 delivered to Rosecliff.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards