Rhode Island
Options

Budget Wedding Dress- what to expect

Hi Knotties! I could use some help establishing a budget and plan for finding a wedding dress. I would love to go to a boutique and try things on, but I am working with what I think will be a really low budget of around $300. Looking online this price point seems possible, but I am not sure what to expect when making appointments or shopping in stores. Also, any suggestions on where to go? I am going to a lacey rustic look.

Has anyone ever used etsy for a gown? They seem to have some really unique gowns.

Thanks

Re: Budget Wedding Dress- what to expect

• Options
    well i will say i was in your boat.. although i was not into the idea i did go to davids bridal and scored a vera wang lacey vintage dress i love love on sale for 550-- originally 800... (still a little more than i wanted to go but just couldnt pass it up)they had tons of vintage lace styles because of the trends right now and many under what i paid.. good luck with whatever you do
  • Options
    I would check out the sample sale rack especially at Party Dress Express in Fall River, MA. My co-worker scored a sample dress for $350 (including tax) and free alterations there. 
  • Options
    Both are good suggestions for lower prices point above. I would say the vows in newton they have sample discount dresses but they are designers so it was be a bit high on the budget end. But you can check some of the inventory online to see.  Also, bridal salons are mostly dead between thanksgiving to before January so alot of the store have big sample sales and discounts.  

Have you thought about checking out a lacey bridesmaid dress, they are often cheaper?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I'd encourage you to find a dress you love, then check for it on eBay.  I could have bought my wedding dress new on ebay for $500 less than I paid at DB.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    What about Vows in Watertown, MA? Or sample sales? Alexandra's in Fall River is having a huge sample sale this month. You could always call ahead of time and ask if there is anything they have in your budget. I've seen a few dresses around that price range at stores that are "off-the-rack" purchases also. It's very possible, stay positive :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I purchased my dress at David's for $300.00. It was a discontinued style.. Talk to them about your budget and they can definitely help you out. My dress wasn't even put out into the inventory yet - she went into the stock room and grabbed it to see if I'd like it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love party dress express, i went there on a whim and found my dress there for $400. 
  • Options
    Thanks, these are all super helpful.  I will begin my serach on the next few weeks and try to grab a good deal.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards