Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Bride and Groom walking down aisle together

I am almost 50, my fiance is 60.  Obviously we have been out on our own a long time and our kids are grown (and there is even a grandchild).  My parents are deceased and only my fiance's mother is still living. We don't want to have attendents to avoid hurt feelings and keep our wedding of about 70 guests a little more low key.  Our wedding/dessert reception combined is in a medium-sized room holding 9 round tables of eight.  We will probably enter the room together from the back for the processional, pass through the round tables where everyone is seated to the front for the ceremony, then pass back through the other side of the tables for the recessional.  Has anyone seen anything like this before and does anyone have any suggestions for making it work?

Re: Bride and Groom walking down aisle together

• edited June 2012
    I love that. It makes perfect sense.
  • We are an older couple too (46 & 54) and we are walking together too. Enjoy!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker 129image 102image 24image
  • H and I walked down the aisle (techinically it was a staircase) together (we're 24 and 25). There's nothing wrong with it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ha!  We are sort of in the same situation as well.  I'm 31, he is 42 and his youngest child is 17!

At first we were going to walk down the aisle together like you're talking about but our situation changed.  I don't have a ton of family but I recently got back in touch with one of my cousins (a female) and I decided that I would have her walk me down the aisle, I know thats different but hey, its our wedding.

I wasn't worried about walking down the aisle with my fiancee, its custom in my home country (Ireland) for the bride and groom to "walk to the church together" (or walk down the aisle together, or however you want to phrase it) so it was really just keeping with tradition for us, plus we are having our "first look" earlier in the day before we do photos.

I think its fantastic that you guys want to do it your own way, and I'm happy that nowadays pretty much to each their own with weddings. 

Good luck and have fun!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Lisa50Lisa50 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    H and I walked in together.  It was fine.
  • Thanks for the kudos!
  • I have never ehard of this before but Ithink it is a wonderful idea!  Actually it makes perfect sense.  Both bride and groom are being united in marriage so why not walk to the altar together?  I think it symbolizes the decision you've made together to be joined as one.  I love it.
  •           I'm basically on this message boards for the first time. Though unemployed and have continued to apply myself and want to keep it up. My purpose for being on the message board is to get  information on what has worked from actual couples, setting  a budget together with the fiance,food tray vendor, to plan the wedding together,how many flower girls and how many chairs and tables. My vote is to have most things there a soft light blue except for the wife , husband, and guests. I have my own choices on paper from 12 months to 2 months,but I still need assistance. Have I asked a women , not   yet just want to be mutually prepared
    This day should have a lot of giggles cause I have humorous friends back in Oklahoma. Here is a  post  which I  am sharing though I should be sharing it with a women by now. I mean at this point. Ok let start with some advice ..its welcome.
  • When my mom got married for the second time, she had both my brothers walk her down. It was very sweet :) I'm not sure how old your kids are, or if you'd consider it, but it was very special for her.
    Otherwise, good luck :) One thing though, you may be missing the look he gives you when you walk into the room...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards