Rhode Island

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream?

I'm thinking of having the Newport Ben & Jerry's come scoop ice cream at my wedding instead of the usual cake - have any of you ever done this before? Did you like it? 

Also, if I do end up doing this, do you think I should do the sundae bar or the basic cups & cones? 

Thank you! 

Re: Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream?

• courtchacecourtchace member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never done it but I think it sounds really fun. Im sure your guests will think its a great change from the typical wedding cake. I personally would do the sundae bar!
  • edited December 2011
    I think its a great idea! We are having Coldstone Creamery do an ice cream sundae bar at our wedding instead of a cake. I think its a lot more fun.
  • edited December 2011
    My friend had Coldstone at her reception and the line was crazy long.  The dance floor was empty b/c everyone wanted ice cream!  So...make sure they can handle your crowd, haha.  She said that was her one regret.

We had Newport Creamery drive an ice cream truck to our ceremony site so people got ice cream as the ceremony was letting out.  The idea was to entertain guests so we could sneak away and take pics, but my cousin arrived late to the wedding (she was a reader) so it started late, pushing the entire day back.  So that kind of backfired, but the ice cream was great!  :-) 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MERRYWALSHMERRYWALSH member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for your input!

Jennifer, I love that ice cream truck idea (even if it backfired :) I'm just a super ice cream fanatic and I wanted to make sure my best friends Ben & Jerry were invited to participate in the festivities.
  • pruemunropruemunro member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love this idea and so wish I had done this!!

I'm wondering if I could incorporate this into a goodbye treat for when people leave... Coldstone is my absolute favorite of all time!! Would anyone have any ideas of prices?

Thanks ladies!!  Merrywalsh,  I think the sundae is a great option, a little less messy than cones :)
    ?Once in a while, right in the middle of an ordinary life, love gives us a fairytale?
  • edited December 2011
    I am also an ice cream girl and I love love the idea!!  Sundae bar sounds great.  I actulally looked into Nana's gelato in Narragansett I think it was about $5.50 per person and I didn't want to pay that much as we had already ordered cupcakes.  Good luck let us know how it goes :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards