Rhode Island
Options

mommy and me - sort of, haha.

hi girls -
so I am looking at doing a thank you thing for my parents for paying for the wedding. gifts i guess, but more like experiences as they are more into that than stuff - if that makes sense. I am taking dad to the kenny and tim concert in august at gillette - so excited. but i need to do something with mom. she is not a girly type mom - so like spas, etc  are out. she likes hiking, so i thought checking out a rock gym might be cool but then i was thinking that i bruise bad and super easy and to do that right before the wedding - might not be a good idea. she isn't super artsy but loves to travel and love art itself - museums - they just went to paris for their honeymoon etc. i am so stumped!!! any ideas ? FI is getting her hair and makeup for that day which is awesome but i want to do something fun with her since my dad's gift i feel is awesome!
any help at all is appreciated!

Re: mommy and me - sort of, haha.

• Options
    ooops-  not their honeymoon - meant to say anniversary! omg can you tell what im thinking about?!
  • Options
    tootsy26tootsy26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2012
    I must say that your dads gift is great. I will be there also. Since your mom is into hiking and stuff, why not plan a overnight getaway to NH and walk one the trails at the Flume. It's really neat.
  • Options
    What about doing the rock climbing after the wedding rather than before?
    Its super fun and its right in Lincoln

Or have you thought about a helicopter ride or something over Newport- I did that for my brother and his gf for christmas and they just went on it and loved it.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    Love your gift to your dad!!! I'm soooo jealous!
    What about taking your mom to Block Island and renting bikes or mopeds and touring the island? Maybe stay over night? I also like the idea of going to the Flume in NH - it's so beautiful!! Or a day in Boston, like going to the Aquarium and stuff, maybe a boat tour?
    I'll see if I can think of anything else!
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    Ohhhh the duck tours in Boston are so fun. Then you could spend the day and have lunch etc
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards