Rhode Island
Options

RI Venue Questions. :)

Hello there fellow RI brides. I have a few questions regarding some venues. after doing some research via the internet, my FI and i have narrowed down our venue options to the ones we like the most. First, and my personal fav is The Crowne Plaza, i have always envisioned having my reception here, and they have beautiful rooms, my favorites being the grand ballroom and the Atrium, and its nice because if we decide to have our ceremony there instead of a church (I am Catholic and he is Baptise and we want to TRY and keep it neutral) they will be able to accomodate us nicely. Our second choice is Quidnessett Country Club in North Kingstown, They have gorgeous Grounds and a beautiful Ballroom, but i havent been able to find anything regarding them hosting indoor ceremonies ( i refuse to have an outdoor ceremony because i have the type of luck where it'll rain and i want to avoid that stress) lol. And our third choice is Metacomett Country Club in East Providence. They also have gorgeous grounds and from what i have seen can accomodate an indoor ceremony.

Has anyone had anyone had any experience with these venues and would make any recommendations?? :)

Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: RI Venue Questions. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm a Crowne bride and our wedding is coming up on 5/29! We booked in 2009 and we had our tasting last month. Everything was delish all the way to the cake. Janet and Zac have been fantastic to work with. You can't go wrong with their package and their rooms are beautiful. We're in the Grand and we're having about 230 people.

Before we made venue visits, we had Quidnesset as our first choice because we'd both been to functions there. But, after visiting the Crowne, we no longer cared for Quid for our wedding venue...the ceilings there are a lot lower and it was going to cost more money. The Crowne is just more modern and "us".

Good luck!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011

Yes i am definitely leaning towards Crowne. I'm going to make appointments to see them both just to be safe, but my heart is kind of set. and the rooms would be very convenient for my guests. Im looking into 2013, so itll be a two year plan for us as well, was Crowne relatively affordable if you dont mind me asking?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Very affordable especially since we spaced our payments out and were able to save for 24 months. We were able to take some things out of the package to bring the price down as well. They will customize for you.
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• Options
    edited December 2011
    WONDERFUL! Thanks for your input! i appreciate it!

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am a Quidnessett Bride. I am getting married in 2012, and you are right, the ground are very beautiful and that is one of the many reasons why I am having my wedding there. Before my FH and I decided on getting married in a church we contemplated having our ceremony at Quidnessett, they do accomodate an indoor ceremony. If i remeber correctly, they do the ceremony either outside on their baclony or inside where your reception will be taking place.
    The staff is amazing also.

On the flip side, I heard the Crown is wonderful to have a wedding at. Their food is pretty good(I went to a friends wedding there).

Either one you will be in good hands, goodluck on making a tough decision!! :)
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards