Rhode Island

E-Pics in Newport

So I've decided that I'd like to have my engagement session in Newport and I know some of you are Newport locals and can help me find specific spots! I'm definitely looking for pictures on the beach and possibly by the cliff walk mansions. I also want pictures with the typical New England town feel. It's been a long time since I've been to Newport probably when I was a kid so I don't really know where to start! I'm going to try to go this weekend and scope out some places so I know exactly where to go. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Also any suggestions for lunch/dinner would be great, we really like brewpubs/places that make their own beer if there is anything like that!
Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: E-Pics in Newport

• For photos, take a drive along Ocean Drive - there's lots of signs to follow once you get onto Lower Thames Street (search for Red Parrot restaurant). All along there are places to stop for photo ops - on the rocks overlooking the ocean, open grassy area where people fly kites and picnic. You could also stop at Fort Adams on this drive. It's an old WW I fort that's really cool. For a beach I'd recommend Second Beach, which is in Middletown. It's a little further past Easton's Beach (aka First Beach), but the problem with First Beach can be the red tides (seaweed EVERYWHERE). So that may not be the best photo op.
    For the typical NE town feel, pretty much anywhere you wander on the outskirts of downtown will give you that. Look for the white wood signs on the outside of the houses - it cites the name of the house and the year it was built. You can't get much more quaint than that. I'd also recommend stopping by the White Horse Tavern for a photo op - it's America's oldest tavern!! When you come visit this weekend, stop there for lunch. Dinner's a little pricey and nicer dress, but lunch is reasonable. Get the clam chowder! I've never had better.
    For dinner the Red Parrot I mentioned is really good, but if you want a local brewpub check out Coddington's. It's in Middletown so you'd have to drive but it's the closest brewpub and the beer is exceptional. If you don't want to drive, Mudville Pub or Busker's Irish Pub are both downtown Newport. Busker's has an amazing selection of beers. The food is pretty good. Mudville doesn't have quite the selection of beers, but the burgers are really good. I guess you can't have everything in one place lol ;-)
    Good luck! Let me know if you have more questions.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards