Rhode Island

Block Island Vendor Help!

Hey ladies! I'm getting married on Block Island in September 2012 and I need help on sourcing some vendors. I drove 4 hours from NYC to attend the BI Wedding Show last weekend and wasn't terriby impressed by the services offered on the island. Ceremony/reception venue (Spring House Hotel), rehearsal dinner (Ballards) and photographers (SNAP Photography) are booked. I'm in search of a florist, band/dj, bakery (for cake or full dessert table), make-up and hair services that are willing to come or deliver to the island.

I live in NYC so any help from RI brides would be great! Thanks all!

Re: Block Island Vendor Help!

• RIFallBrideRIFallBride member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not much help but for make-up I would recommend Sara Faella and her glam squad.  She does other events on BI and is highly recommended, she also offers airbrush make-up which is preferred.

I don't know any other vendor options other than S. County vendors are likely easiest.  There are two cake places near Westerly which we use on a regular basis for family events:  ToriaDolce (I'm not sure if she definitely offers wedding cakes any longer) and Vesta Bakery (my favorite).  Good luck, you can also ask Snap! for recommendations they are familiar with BI and may know vendors.
  • RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For florists I recommend Golden Gate or Blooming Blossoms. They are both reasonably priced and are reputable florists that will travel. As for hair and make up, I also second Sara Faella and her glam squad. They travel and are able to service small to large parties. Sara also offers air brush make up which is natural coverage that will last all day and night. I absolutely love her and her girls. As for cake, I used tip-c cupcakes for our dessert bar. They offer onsite catering so it is worth inquiring. I believe Sin (eatwicked.com) does weddings on Block Island too. Her cakes are delicious but on the pricey side. G.L
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards