Rhode Island
Options

Catering Company Help

Hey ladies…

I seem to keep finding wedding venues that require outside catering.  I am just trying to get any feedback from you guys on caterers.  Russell Morin seems to be on a lot of preferred vendors list but I heard they are a bit pricer than some.  Has anyone used them and can you provide any pricing they quoted?

Anyone else used Crazy Chefs or Swartz?

Trying to get an idea on a price tag for 150 people!

Thanks!

Re: Catering Company Help

• Options
    I'm a Morins bride. They are the best in the state, and are a little pricier than some, but food is the most important thing to FI and I for our wedding guests, so we decided to go with them.  I got information that ranged from $10.50/guest for 5 appetizers, $40-$50/guest dinner, and $13-$25/guest for bar options.  They also do cakes, which start at $3.75/guest.

I also contacted Pranzi and Blackstone, both of which also have really good reviews.

If you want more specifics about Morins, PM me, and I can let you know what we're getting for our price.

-Amanda-
    Rhody Life

Our Favorite Pro Pic

Anniversary
  • Options
    I am/will be a Morin's bride. (They are the exclusive caterer at my venue.)  Personally I didn't think their quotes were that high.  They seem to be willing to work within every budget and seem to do just about everything/anything. 
    I'm not sure if you need the stuff or not, but they have complimenatary linens (white), silverware, glassware and china.
    They've been great to work with so far and I'm really excited for our tasting next month.
  • Options
    I am a Blackston bride and just had my tasting this past weekend :) I did get quotes from 5 area caterers (Blackstone, R. Morins, West Bay, Cozy, Emery's and Decadent) Blackston and R.Morins were the highest quality and therefore the higher pricetag, but not by much actually.  I went with Blackstone based on the my gut feeling with my coordinator there - she is wonderful.  Blackstone, like RM, include linens, glassware, etc. so the cost is more for the food - but you get things included - which to me means I spend my money on higher quality food!

Also went with Blackstone because they are organic and use local food :)

I have quotes from the above vendors - if you want any specifics let me know :)
  • Options
    Thanks for all the feedback....Rachelaedwards....I PM'd you to see about your 6 major catering quotes and specifics.  Would love to hear what you came up with!  Thanks!
  • Options
    Ia m also a Blackstone bride and I really love Danielle, my coordinator.I have another tasting April 7th and I can't wait to sit down then and go over everything for the wedding.

I also met with Morin's and got quotes from Pranzi and West Bay Gourmet.

Morin and Blackstone's food was really on par. I went to an open house at Morin's and then had a first tasting at Blackstone.

The only reason we went with Blackstone over Morin as because I felt that I got more attention and personalized service with Blackstone and I also liked that they use all local foods.
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • Options
    I used B & M Clambake and Catering company for our reception. Actually I had two caterers because I wanted authentic Asian cuisine served for dinner so we hired Jacky's Galaxie/Waterplace. B & M provided the food for cocktail hour. They were by the most affordable and the food was absolutely delicious. We choose comfort food with a modern twists. They are definitely worth inquiring especially since they offer private tastings for free.

http://www.clambakeco.com/ 

I have used Blackstone in the past for other special events both small and large and they have been nothing short of amazing. Tasty food and consistently great service.

• Options
    We are going with Blackstone. They offered us a wonderful tasting (before we had paid a dime!) and their food and service has been nothing short of amazing. Also, they completely "get" the style and atmosphere I am going for, which is important to me. I highly recommend!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards