Rhode Island
Options

XP: AAA or independent travel agency???

My FI and I are planning a honeymoon next year since we can't afford one this year so we started looking at trips to see how much we need to save. AAA quoted us $4000 for an all inclusive 7 day trip to Montego Bay with round trip tickets etc, but its offering the lowest room and we want to upgrade our room.

Anyway, do you think $4000 for the smallest, cheapest room is alot or should we get quotes from smaller independent agencies? I've heard sometimes that the smaller agencies may give discounts. Any advice?

Re: XP: AAA or independent travel agency???

• Options
    mary106mary106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's tough right now, because the cost of travel is on the rise... MY fiance and I used Liberty Travel, and they matched the best deal I could find on my own. Another perk is they generally know more about the area and guarantee to have someone at your destination to greet you. Not sure if AAA works like that...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That definitely sounds like a lot for Montego Bay....  I would look into different packages online - Try Sherman's travel.

Be careful with Liberty Travel - we used them once and had an absolutely terrible experience, we showed up at the resort and the lobby was full of liberty travel guests - luggage tags said it all.  I just didn't think they had all of the options that were available, but rather just a few resorts they do business with regularly. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Em&MC2BEm&MC2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

When we were looking we went to AAA and also Trip Advisors in Lincoln (Lucie was GREAT!)  AAA's price was higher than Trip Advisors  and Trip Advisors was also willing to match the even cheaper price I found on cheapcarribean.com!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My Dad always uses  Liberty Travel for his plans, and he's pretty thrifty.  I'd say go with them!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards