Rhode Island
Options

After Party Locations?

Just curious if any of you have thought of having or are having an after party location where guests can continue the night after the wedding reception?

The reception ends at midnight on a weekend in July,  but it is a destination wedding with all guests from out of town and staying a local hotels. I thought it might be nice if there was somewhere they could meet up afterwards for more dancing or just hanging out. We don't want to formally book anything, since we don't need any other expenses!

Any ideas???
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: After Party Locations?

• Options
    Hi Looloo! I am new to the knot and started perusing the boards for ideas. :) Where is your wedding reception going to be held? I think that would determine places we can suggest. 
  • Options
    We did an informal after party at Murphy's Bar (reception was at the Biltmore).  Some guests who still wanted to party joined us over there for some drinks and we stayed for a little bit, although some of our guests were there for much longer!
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:8ed2d88e-d0de-4fc0-aa28-2e389deb3136">Re: After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Looloo! I am new to the knot and started perusing the boards for ideas. :) Where is your wedding reception going to be held? I think that would determine places we can suggest. 
    Posted by MsRocco[/QUOTE]

Sorry, wedding in Newport, reception at Rosecliff.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Lcorona816Lcorona816 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited January 2013
    I have been trying to come up with a solution to this problem for over a year- I am also getting married at Rosecliff with my wedding ending at midnight.  The bars have last call at 12:45am so that's not really an option.  What I have been told is the only solution is to rent a house that doesn't have neighbors nearby and have the party there. 
    You are the first Rosecliff bride I have seen on the Knot- what vendors are you using?

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:79d79040-f28d-4821-93e2-ed3cb7309051">Re: After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: After Party Locations? : Sorry, wedding in Newport, reception at Rosecliff.
    Posted by LooLooBell1[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:7e26d3e1-c0c6-47f6-9f21-c43f45c2d73f">Re: After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have been trying to come up with a solution to this problem for over a year- I am also getting married at Rosecliff with my wedding ending at midnight.  The bars have last call at 12:45am so that's not really an option.  What I have been told is the only solution is to rent a house that doesn't have neighbors nearby and have the party there.  You are the first Rosecliff bride I have seen on the Knot- what vendors are you using? In Response to Re: After Party Locations? :
    Posted by Lcorona816[/QUOTE]

We are using Plantation Caterers, Toni Chandler for flowers, Sara Zarella Photography, Michael Picard Videography, DJ Express (coming up from NJ) and the ceremony is at St. Joseph's in  Newport. We picked a Sunday since it was much less expensive than a Saturday night at Rosecliff. Also getting our liquor separately to cut costs.

The Hyatt has Pinapples on the Bay (which is now closed for the season and doesn't have hours posted) and Five33 Lounge, which closes at 12 mid on a Sunday. Seriously? They both look nice, but those hours don't help us. Is that a local ordinance the 12:45 last call? Or does The Viking have a bar/lounge area where people could gather? Definately not paying to rent a house! This is costing enough! LOL Are you having a breakfast or bagel meeting the next morning after the wedding?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Who are you getting your liquor through?
    We are hosting a full brunch at the Hyatt on the Sunday after the wedding. 
    There is a RI law which prohibits the sale of alcohol after 1am :-(

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:7b6d7ba0-113a-4f4c-aca9-be29161c930e">Re: After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Who are you getting your liquor through? We are hosting a full brunch at the Hyatt on the Sunday after the wedding.  There is a RI law which prohibits the sale of alcohol after 1am :-(

Vicker's Liquors. What vendors are you using? Have you lined up everyone/everything you need?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Where are your guests staying? Could you rent a suite or something like that? Our reception ended at 9:30 so we hit the bar in our hotel. We only stayed till 11...most people closed the bar and got pizza before hitting their rooms.
  • Options
    You can try to use a hotel suite- but they are also very expensive (houses are actually cheaper) and you are at risk of having them shut you down for noise.

I spent the weekend in Newport and I now have all of my vendors!  Flowers: Stoneblossom, Hair and Makeup: LaLa Luxe, Transportation: Newport Trolley, Cake: Sin, Videographer: Artistic Video, Photographer- bringing up from NYC, Welcome Dinner: Regatta Place, Band: Shine (Boston)- am I forgetting anything?
    We had our tasting with Plantation and it was delicious!! They are so helpful at selecting other vendors and giving recommendations- I cannot say enough great things about them and their food!

Do you still need any vendors?  Did you find Vicker's Liquors cheaper than the wine place Plantation recommends?
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:787934f1-2db1-4cf2-874f-39f8c3f95d3e">Re: After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]You can try to use a hotel suite- but they are also very expensive (houses are actually cheaper) and you are at risk of having them shut you down for noise. I spent the weekend in Newport and I now have all of my vendors!  Flowers: Stoneblossom, Hair and Makeup: LaLa Luxe, Transportation: Newport Trolley, Cake: Sin, Videographer: Artistic Video, Photographer- bringing up from NYC, Welcome Dinner: Regatta Place, Band: Shine (Boston)- am I forgetting anything? We had our tasting with Plantation and it was delicious!! They are so helpful at selecting other vendors and giving recommendations- I cannot say enough great things about them and their food! Do you still need any vendors?  Did you find Vicker's Liquors cheaper than the wine place Plantation recommends?

If you are referring to Bellevue Wines & Spirits, then yes, Vicker's Liquors is definitely less expensive. They offer a larger selection of low, medium and high priced wines and liquors, where I felt Bellevue, although very nice, offered more high end options. Vicker's offered various suggestions and were very helpful.
    Yes, Plantation is great! We had our tasting over a year ago, and it was fabulous! Who is your contact there? We too have Newport Trolley booked. Now really just have to find a hair person, since we are bringing up makeup person (MAC artist/personal friend) from NJ.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_after-party-locations-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:a171f3c2-b277-4132-ac2f-1bc7876d6588Post:1a5d2fdf-9616-4adc-8227-20eb2e320ee7">Re:After Party Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Where are your guests staying? Could you rent a suite or something like that? Our reception ended at 9:30 so we hit the bar in our hotel. We only stayed till 11...most people closed the bar and got pizza before hitting their rooms.
    Posted by jdandrea[/QUOTE]

Our guests could be staying at any one of 7 different hotels we blocked rooms at! Went a little overboard, but we were determined to find reasonable lodging for everyone. The problem is the time left after the reception until bars close doesn't leave many options. Unless one of our guests rents a house?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards