Rhode Island
Options

Scroll Seating chart

Hi Girls,
Has anyone had a scroll done for the seating chart instead of the cards?  The one we are thinking of going with is $250.  Does this seem reasonable? I havent seen others of these done and dont have a comparision for price.

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Scroll Seating chart

• Options
    RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had a fabric scroll guest book made on Etsy for around $50.  I am not sure what the going rate for a scroll seating chart but I am sure it is a lot more. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am doing the Scroll Seating Chart for my wedding in May.  It just seems like a lot less work and one less thing I have to worry about before the wedding.  I got a $50 coupon from them and got my invitations from them, so it worked out that I saved.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lomlboat where are you having the scroll made?  It does seem like it would be less work.

Royalorient thanks for the etsy seller I'll have to look at.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am getting mine done at Wishes Under Wraps in Johnston, RI.  They have a store and you can pick out the scroll (or frame), the tassels, the font, colors, etc.

I got a $50 gift certificate there for booking my scroll at a wedding expo and I'm getting my wedding invitations from them, so the $50 is going towards that.

IMHO, I think the stress and money and time it would take to try and make all the seating cards, putting them out, making sure no one is forgotten or lost, I'd rather just have it done.  Another perk is that you get to keep the scroll and tassels (or frame) afterwards, so it's a really awesome momento we can hang in our house and remember just who celebrated our special day with us.
  • Options
    EyejewelEyejewel member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah thats where we were thinking of having it done.  I saw them at a Bridal Show but didnt want to book because my finance wasnt with and hadnt even seen it.  Im kicking myself for not putting the deposit down then. Just went to the shop the other night to show the FI and they were really nice and helpful.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Well I'm sure they'll be at the Expo in January.  You can go then and book with them that way you get the $50 coupon.  You can use it anywhere in their store, so if you wanted to buy other stuff or if you haven't found invitations, you can do that too.  They have been SO helpful with invitations!!!

I went on their website just to look around, and some of the invitations are 20% if you order online (which is what I did after confirming what they look/feel like in the store).  So honestly, I have nothing but good things to say about them and their products.

Also - my colors are lime green, black and white and they said they would look to see if they could order tassels that match my theme.  IMO, that is going above and beyond, real customer service.

GL!
  • Options
    I checked the big Convention center one in January website and they are not on the list of vendors. Yeah we went in and looked at invitations and saw some potentials for invites. i feel like I am working on way too many things at once.

I love the color lime green with the white and black so elegant. Im still struggling with my colors. I think im leaning towards purple and lime green but i love blue and not sure if I can use both purple and both together - going for a tropical theme.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I LOVE purple and green!!  Those were my original colors, but there were 4 other weddings that I was going to and ALL of them had purple in them lol.  I guess I just wanted to be different.  But all those weddings were this year, it seems like the weddings that I know about for next year are doing a lot of yellows, blues, teals.

I think purple and blue are gorgeous.  Honestly a lot of the flowers I was looking at, the purple and blues are so pretty and complimentary.  Maybe you can talk to a florist and see what their opinions are for the time of year and what flowers will be in season.

GL in the planning, it is a lot at once.  I only had 8 months once we decided on the date, so I didn't take too much time making decisions, lol, I found something I liked and booked.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards