Rhode Island

Flowers

I know I've asked before but I really need some advice about costs of flowers and resonably priced florists. I got a quote from a place previously suggested and it was $2700...is this average?? If so, I'm in trouble! :(

Re: Flowers

• I would call around... that seems high to me.  I mean I guess to some people it is normal but I would never pay close to 3 grand for flowers!
  • Also, whenever you mention "wedding" with anything the price jumps way up!!!
  • I know!! It's crazy how much they jack up the prices!
  • It all depends on how much you are looking for an what flowers.  The cost was definitely a shock for me and compared to most, I'm barely getting any flowers. 
    I'd definitely get a couple of quotes and ask the florists how you can possibly reduce your costs without impacting your vision. Personally, I got three and went with Bella Florals out of Westwood, MA.  (We are getting married in Southeastern MA, but got quote from Boston area and RI florists.)  I think Suzanne has now put up rough price ranges on her website.
  • It depends on what flowers you are looking forwhat are you having quoted?
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • PP are right, it really depends on your vision. I went relatively simple and mine were around $1200! 4 BMs, 4 GM, 2 mother corsages and grandmothers, my bouquet and his bout, plus 14 table arrangements. REALLY reasonable. I used Carlone's Florist in Portsmouth. If you get a few quotes and the prices are still outside your range, you may have to consider adjusting your vision unfortunately.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • edited March 2012
    It really does depend on what you want, but I also found some florists prices to be just way too high.  We are using Alisa Florists.  They were great and recommended other flower choices to help bring the costs down but still keep the look that i was going for.  She was by far the best vendor we've booked so far in terms of being helpful and responding to your inquires in a reasonably time frame.  Her work looked amazing too.  We are really excited for seeing it come to life in August!
  • I was going to use Golden Gate which they do an amazing job but they quoted us at 3k, but a family friend ended up stepping in for us. So like PP's mention it depends what your vision is and what kind of flowers you are thinking of. I am getting married in July and I though the Hydrangeas would be the least expensive and they were the most expensive ($20 a stem someone quoted us) Also, Calla Lilies, are also expensive. So like I said and everyone else it depends what your vision is and how many flowers you want.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I talked to a lot of florist, all ranging from 1,000 to 3,000 and all for the same exact things, 5 bridesmaids, flower girl, a couple vases for the ceremony, something to brighten up the lanterns I bought for centerpieces. It get tiring and long after a while. I ended up going with The Flower Girls, she works from we home in Warwick. She is really nice, talked about everything, even suggested things I hadn't considered. And extremely reasonably priced, I have roses, delphinium and hydrangeas for my wedding in October and she quoted me 1000 for everything! If you want her contact information please let me know.
  • I knew I wanted all locally grown flowers, so I just went to Robin Hollow Farm. We are getting 4 bouts, 2 corsages, 1 MOH, 12 tables, ceremony decorations and some misc decorations for the reception for 1000. Maybe a couple of other things too, I can't remember.
    Planning/Project Fit

Photobucket
    "Sounds of laughter shades of earth are ringing through my open ears inciting and inviting me"
  • To help give you an idea of how different the quotes are for flowers, I had 1 hand tied bridal bouquet with a row of pearl pins going dow the side. The bouquet consisted of peonies (in-season), roses (available year round), and pink mini cymbidium orchids (considered expensive blooms but the mini versions are less expensive than the full size) and loops of bear grass as accent. To save on cost, my bridesmaid carried hand fans and floral corsages with a pearl band and roses with bear grass. I also ordered 2 bouts with roses and bear grass for the groomsmen. 1 grooms bout with mini cymbidium and bear grass accent. 8 rose and bear grass accent bout and pin on corsages for immediate family. I also had 9 5 X 5 glass cube vases (provided by the florist) with peonies, roses, billy balls and bear grass accent in a clustered style look. I also purchases a dozen roses and a bouqet of exotic blooms and greens all for $802.04 including taxes and delivery to two sites (venue and my parent's home). I used Whole Foods University in Providence as my florist. 

Some photos of the flowers at our wedding
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards