Rhode Island
Options

DJ - Am I getting a good Deal??

My fiance and I have just begun looking into DJ's and really have no clue what is considered reasonable pricing.

For 5 1/2 hours (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) of music and a customized monogram on the dancefloor we have a quote for $1450 from a DJ in our area (Rhode Island).

Does this seem reasonable? He appears to be very experienced and friendly via the phone and email and we are going to meet with him in person but I'm not sure if this is a good price or if it is on the pricey side.

Any tips/hints are appreciated!!

Re: DJ - Am I getting a good Deal??

• Options
    I know my DJ is playing for 5 hours and is charging me $875.  The companies name is Moondance.  I am not sure if they do the monograms on the dance floor, but I felt they were a fair price.
  • Options
    I didn't budget that much for my DJ so I think you can find cheaper. I'm using Zach Dauphinais for mine and have been very pleased so far! Not sure if he does monograms, or if that is something you're definitely want, but you should check him out!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I used Music Mixxers out of East Greenwich. $1095 including specialty lighting! Definitely shop around.
    We're selling some things left from our wedding! http://weddinggoodsforsale.weebly.com/ Visit The Nest! Visit The Nest! Anniversary
  • Options
    $1300 for mine - Good Times Unlimited from Boston, and I wanted a lighted monogram but it was an extra $350 so I nixed it.
  • Options
    Hi Kim!I saw your post about your DJ and I'd like to let you know I would offer you the same your DJ has offered you for a lot less! My name is Bryan Bailey and I own and operate Premier Entertainment. I am a featured DJ here on the knot and have a lot of experience with Weddings. I'd love to set up a meeting to show you what I can offer you and your fiancé.This is what your DJ is offering: For 5 1/2 hours (ceremony, cocktail hour and reception) of music and a customized monogram on the dancefloor we have a quote for $1450 from a DJ in our area (Rhode Island).I will offer you 6 hours of music, customized monogram, and ALSO include free uplighting behind your wedding party table as well as behind me, the DJ. It will also include a state of the art led and laser light show as well as planning of all of the entertainment.For $1000 I will include all we talked about. For $300 more I will also include full uplighting of your entire venue!Let me know if you would like to set up a meeting to discuss this further. Thank you for your time.Bryan BaileyPremier Entertainment Bryan@PRMDJ.com(401) 932-4249
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards