Rhode Island
Options

shower ediquitte

do some brides (bridal party) invite all females that are invited to the wedding to the shower?
it seems like i often get invited to the shower when i am friends with the groom not the bride.
so i'm wondering for my shower.. ediquitte wise.. do i invite all females that are invited to the wedding? or just my bridal party, close friends and family? how does this work..

Re: shower ediquitte

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I had the same question arise with mine. I invited females on my list that were my friends or family.  I did also invite close friends of my fiance that were female too. I did not however invite women that were girlfriends or dates of men on our list. I didn't want them to feel obligated to come or give us gifts when I don't even know them well.

Another friend of mine cut her list even shorter and only invited close family and friends. It's really a personal decision!

good luck!
  • Options
    JessiTessJessiTess member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think people will get offended if they are not close to you and not invited.

I invited female family and friends - my FMIL invited some of her friends.  I didn't invite FI's friends gf's, or any friends that were at least a plane ride away.  You know your guests, invite who you feel comfortable inviting.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If you feel close enough to FI's friends' wives or GFs, like you hang out every now and then and are friendly, I'd say include them on the list you give to your bridal party. It seems like the only real etiquette rule that you can really break with the list is inviting people to the shower who aren't on the wedding guest list. Other than that, it seems to be whatever you're comfortable with.

My girlfriends and I were not invited to two of our guy friends' fiancees' showers and I wasn't offended. I guess I understand it might be awkward for her but we'd all met one another before so I wouldn't have thought it weird if we had been invited. 
  • Options
    kathanddavekathanddave member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just had my shower and we only invited in-town friends of my mothers and my lfriends and a few of my FI guest who were friends of mine.  We had to keep it at around 50 so it worked out great!
  • Options
    hollygb22hollygb22 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't invite all females

My husband'd friends--unless the wives/GF's etc were friends of mine, I held off.

I didn't want to invite my MIL's friends either. None lived in RI and some I didn't know and it felt weird, but it was a battle I lost.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards