Rhode Island

Violin or Harp

HI!
I am interested in hiring a violinist or a harpist to play during our wedding ceremony.  Does anyone have any recommendations?

Re: Violin or Harp

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try searching Gigmasters.com I found a great guitarist on there who has been used on the Knot in the past. His name is Gaku Murata. I believe he also plays the violin
  • edited December 2011
    I used Gigmasters as well and found le bella musica. We booked a violin and a chelo for 1hr with an additional complimentary 1/2 hr for $335.
  • KBinRIKBinRI member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used La Bella Musica and I'm jealous of the deal the PP posted! We paid $325 for a violin and cello for the ceremony, which they say on their contract is "one hour or less" and it was definitely less - maybe a half-hour total of playing time before they packed up. But they were good.

ETA: My venue recommended Lucinda Caldwell as a harpist. She's in Newport: 703-740-7741
    Kristen and Bryan ~ 10-10-10 Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    I have a violinist that I just started working with for ceremony music. I can see if she's available. Do you still need someone? and what's the date if you do?
  • MM5678MM5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, we are still in need of a musician.  Our wedding date is July 27, 2012.
  • edited December 2011
    I'd suggest a friend of mine Áine Minogue you can check her out at her website
    http://www.minogue.com/celtic-irish-wedding-traditions/

She specializes in Celtic music, but she can play anything that you'd like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards