Rhode Island

Hair and Make-Up

I'm starting to look into hair and make-up application for my wedding day. I would like someone to come to me, as my bridesmaids, mom and I will all be getting ready at a hotel. Does anyone know of someone who travels to you to come do hair and make-up. I'd prefer if one person would do both, but if not, two different people is okay. Any recommendations? Contact info?
Anniversary

Re: Hair and Make-Up

• RoyalOrientRoyalOrient member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sara Faella and her glam squad will come to you. Depending on distance, her travel fee is either free or very little (based on miles). Her rates have increased ( I booked her at $75) but I would still pay what she is charging now b/c she is absolutely amazing. See rates on her website and consultation photos on her facebook page. She is amazing and does traditional, mineral and air brush make up. A review of my consult can also be found on my blog under beauty.

www.sarafaella.com

• jmorta04jmorta04 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Lynda Williams for hair and Jennifer Hodge for makeup.  They work together often and will even do trials together.  I have had my trial with Jennifer already and she was great.  Haven't done my trial with Lynda yet, but she seems great based on our phone conversation.  Both are coming to the Biltmore on the day of my wedding to work with all of us.
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • jmorta04jmorta04 member
    edited December 2011
    Ooops....forgot contact info:

Lynda Williams, Formal Hair Design, www.formalhairdesign.com

Jennifer Hodge, Spectrum Makeup Artistry, www.spectrumri.com
    Married July 2011; TTC since April 2011
    HSG and CD3 B/W - normal; SIS - one fibroid not impacting uterus; Several SA - low numbers across the board
    Moving right to IVF with ICSI
    ER: 8/17/12; 13R, 11M, 9F
    ET: 8/20/12; 2 "beautiful" embies transferred and 1 frobaby on ice
    Beta #1: 8/31/12 - BFP at 89!
    Beta #2: 9/3/12 - 315
    Beta #3: 9/10/12 - 6,109
    1st U/S: 9/24/12 - One little bean with a strong heartbeat!
    It's a boy!
    PAIF/SAIF welcome!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    The Blog: Project Make a Baby
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sam C and Krystal Treanor/Lucas.  Very happy with both of them!
  • DiorAddictDiorAddict member
    edited December 2011
    Try Sara Rebello hair stylist
    Jan Simone  makeup artist
    Both travel
  • edited December 2011
    I second the Jennifer Hodge/Lynda Williams combo.  They did hair and make up for me, mom, sisters and nieces for my wedding and they were great to work with and I was very happy I went with them.
  • edited December 2011
    Jennie Kay http://www.jenniekaymurphy.com/ is absolutely amazing all the way.  She will travel and she will bring staff if necessary to make your timeline.  She does both hair and make-up and can do just about any look you want;vintage, natural, glam..etc.  I had her do all make up for me, my 5 girls, my mom, and my MIL make up and most of my girls hair.  I only didn't use her for my hair because I have a hair stylist I've been going to for 7 years.  Everyone

looked amazing. 
  • edited December 2011
    i used krystal lucas and she was amazing. there were 8 of us total and she came to our house before the wedding. i was so scared to let someone else do my make and i LOVED it!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards