Rhode Island

venue question

Has anyone heard anything about Wetherledge in Jamestown?

Re: venue question

• edited December 2011
    Hi there,

We looked into it and I remember the woman was very nice!  It's a beautiful spot.  It didn't exactly suit our needs (we wanted to be able to stay at the house for several days before and after the wedding, and I don't remember exactly what the arrangement was at Wetherledge, but I think if you were having a wedding you are just using the property like a regular venue for a certain number of hours and you don't get the house - when you do rent the house, I think it was something like you don't get the whole house and the homeowners are there?).  I imagine it'd be a great spot if you aren't interested in staying there for the whole week.

Sorry I don't remember more, but it's definitely worth a call!  We ended up at a different home in Jamestown and if you want any info on that let me know!  Doing it this way there's definitely a lot to think about and the rentals add up, but we're (so far!) getting in right around our planned budget.  Wetherledge might alleviate some of that - not sure if they do the tent for you? 

Good luck, either way!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Luckyxo14Luckyxo14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the info. What was the name of the house you decided to go with? I am open to anything at the moment!
  • edited December 2011
    Hey Lucky,

Sorry for the delay in response!  We rented The Twilight Cottage (it's on the water on the east shore and has a nice big lawn - sleeps about 12).  We found it on VRBO.com, and Elaine, the owner is WONDERFUL!  there's another house in Jamestown on the water that we looked into will allow weddings, too - the Tyler Page Estate.  That one was out of our price range b/c he only rents Saturday-Saturday, so he said for a Saturday wedding we'd really have to book 2 weeks (which at 15k, seemed like too much $ for us fo rjust to rent the house since we're local anyway!)

Hope this is helpful, and if you do go this route let me know!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards