Rhode Island

Coast Guard House- Rehearsal Dinner?

Anyone have their rehearsal dinner at the Coast Guard House?  We are getting married at the towers 9/13/13 (friday) and are thinking of most likely having our rehearsal at the Coast Guard House. Input?

Sarah Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Coast Guard House- Rehearsal Dinner?

• we are! they have an upstairs room that is scary - narrow staircase etc. but we are having it downstairs - they are blocking off a section of the dining room for us -they will do 50 max. and we have 44 and 1 child. we are doing a nice menu - and it's 32 pp. choice of salad or chowder, 4 entree choices, 2 dessert choices. they are doing long rectangle tables. if you want to do it there- call and ask for maria - she is great and who we are working with.
  • Thank you you so much!
  • I have a question for you! I'm thinking of getting married at the Towers too!! (2014) was it very pricey?
  • We had our rehearsal there! I will be writing up and posting my vendor reviews later this week or next- but our rehearsal turned out great (i was really nervous because I had little communication with the CGH and the communication i did have was strained or difficult)But it turned out awesome!
    Everyone loved the view and the food was a lot better than I remembered!

We ended up doing a buffet upstairs on the deck (not in the anchor room) for around $20 pp. Then we put a tab on the bar and had a beer and wine only (This was beause of logistical reasons, my husbands aunt and uncle were hosting it an they are LDS and dont drink so we decided to host the liquor- but his parents couldn't afford it and i wasn't going to dare ask my parents for it so we just did what we could afford)
    www.weddedeverafter.blogspot.com
    167 Invited image 34 Attending image Declined 4 image Still Waiting 129 image
  • edited March 2013
    I'm getting married at the towers on 91513, right after you! We are thinking of doing a rehearsal lunch or dinner here...let me know if they are easy to work with.
  • Yes ! you should! they are definitely easy to work with. In the midst of all their Post Sandy reconstruction they are currently only open for phone calls from like 11-2pm. Maria is who I've been in contact with. Try the number on their website during those hours and leave a message. Maria is so sweet! We are having ou dinner on thursday september 12 in the upstairs anchor room. we are doing a buffet! i'm so excited!

who are your vendors? your getting married on a sunday, right? soooo exciting!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards